• Show
Clear All

New Schlage Locks

looks like I am joining the wait list for the apple home PI
    the new locks are blue-tooth and only will interface thru it
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

There are tons of Z-wave enabled locks.
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Door-Locks-C184.aspx
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yeah... but being a locksmith, I gotta play with the newest and greatest
      all the commercial locks are going the low power bluetooth way

Comment

Not Schlage, but how about this thing?

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/new-p...ock-in-uk.html
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Am I missing something? They still offer the "Connect" version which is z-wave. They are just adding a new lock to their offerings. The new "Sense" just uses bluetooth. I don't see anything about the "Connect" series going away, but like I said, I may be missing something.

I do agree that them limiting it to apple devices is just plain out stupid. While Apple may have the single highest market share for a specific model of phone (perhaps debatable. I don't really know the numbers), Android overall has a higher market share in smart phones and most if not all "smart phones" have bluetooth. Just seems dumb to limit it to Apple devices.

Comment

looks like they are going to have several series.. the Z-wave was hurt due to the partner they chose, I have 2 installed, but can't update firmware to make them the same,
            I went to the product release of the new NDE series, which is their commercial series, very impressed
            Just wanted to play, have one more door to install so I ordered one ( cheaper )
            btw

someone on the board is playing with a plug-in....maybe...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X