Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From
    Robin Hayman
    Member, i dont know how i mapped to guest?

TOWARDS A HOMESEER PLUGIN FOR DAVIS INSTRUMENTS

I have a similar setup to Pete, a rpi2 connected by serial into console

Then the pi runs a java program which milks the console and fetches the two streams. i did this about 4 years ago and it is chugging along today.

The program then builds new data structures i call time series. Time series are paged time blocks, i think one day long when compkete, and a time series has N channels of the paramers of davis. Then each series has child data segments. this allows for data gaps. so a series can hold the days data and deal with gaps. Because the blocks have no missing data (by definition), they be compressed and only use first difference and have lossless compresion.

I then then send the time series in real time to a linux box. I can't remember the detail, perhaps i just send the part built time series each time (10s) after i get new data from davis.

The linux client is receiving Davis 0.1 s/s series in a neat structure.

So it builds day files and month files of ts data with 00:00 roll over.

i also pick off the new sample and add it a real time display implemented with javafx. I can select any channel to display and my compressed data base (just month files) can have years of backlog all nicely time tagged

Little twiddles let me integrate rain into rain events that last a day or two, terminated by no rain for a day or something.

This code might be a good place to start to make HS plugin. the pi unscrambles the davis data mess from the davis giving the clean TS format. It is easy pick off the new samples as they get added to the ts.

or not to use ts at all.

For a HS plugin, one would splice a HS protocol left to the pi unscramler right, and voila.

If anyone wants to have a go, i woukd send them my pi server and linux client archive and graphics for a look, *perhaps as an eclipse project

Oracle no longer supports jfx but other jdks do.

Any takers?

Would not require any external agents. all run on your hw

My console port is rs232, so i just glued a max232 to the pi tx and rx. The pi is powered in usual ways and the ethernet plugs into my network. linux is in the next room with a (touch screen

The java client should run on any hardware with java.

Xcuse typos. From my tablet

Robin Hayman

Comment

Working...
    X