X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    You're just being an old fuddy
    OK. I'll accept that.
    The door sensor we are talking about in this thread is on my mailbox, outside on the street, easily 70+ feet and 3 walls from the controller, yet it communicates directly.
    But, I could say the same about the DS10 I have on my mailbox, that is at least 150 feet from the antenna.
    Now that we have every device installed it is almost boring, I find myself trying to figure out new things to do just so I can fiddle with the system. I have said in other posts that my wife even appreciates and relies on home automation, where she was very skeptical last year at this time.
    Again, I can say the same, but about HS2. It is downright boring now that HST is no longer fussing with it (mostly to address Z-wave functionality, it seemed).

I need to 'upgrade' to HS3 so I have stuff to 'fix' again!
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You guys are boring and unimaginative.

You just need to come up with new and creative things for HS to do for you!
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        You guys are boring and unimaginative.
        Hey, I resemble that remark!
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          OK. I'll accept that.
          But, I could say the same about the DS10 I have on my mailbox, that is at least 150 feet from the antenna.
          Again, I can say the same, but about HS2. It is downright boring now that HST is no longer fussing with it (mostly to address Z-wave functionality, it seemed).

I need to 'upgrade' to HS3 so I have stuff to 'fix' again!
          I will add that I wasn't ruling out X-10, but if I was going to settle on a single technology I would have to think that Z-Wave is the best poised (albeit with room to improve) right now. I really like the concept of Z-Wave, it sometimes falls short in implementation, but has grown better in the short time I have been using it. With technology the way it is, there's no telling where we will be next year.

Comment

Working...
          X