Garage Door Opener Device and MyQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door Opener Device and MyQ

I have both a MyQ enabled garage door opener along with a tilt-sensor/interrupt so that I can open and close my garage doors.

The wrinkle here is that I don't want to use any HS3 MyQ plugin but I do use the MyQ app on my smartphone. So..

I create a virtual device called Garage Door: Right and set its Control Use to Door Lock and Door Unlock and changed the status graphics.

Off this virtual device, I can create event triggers on when the Open or Closed button is set. I check the status of my tilt sensor and if it says it's open, when I want to close, I close else I don't. Same thing with Close.

I also have a separate trigger off of the changes of the tilt sensor value (if off-closed-no motion I send a pushover message that garage door has been closed).

Both events work perfectly, however, once I open the garage door either by the MyQ app or I just use the clicker, the status of my virtual device falls out of sync. If I set the device, then my trigger for opening/closing the garage door fires, which I don't want to happen.

Can I set the status of a device but not have any triggers/events attached to it fire?

I wound up using the SetDeviceString property and this works well though it does seem to lag a bit when updating the UI. Maybe a minute or so -- was this the correct way to go?

I've attached my detect right door open and open right door events.
    Look good?
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X