Everspring ST812 Flood Sensor Battery reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everspring ST812 Flood Sensor Battery reporting

I have 3 ST812 flood sensors which reported their battery levels in April when they were included. They have not reported since. They are set to wake up at about 24 hours. By reading the manual it appears they will only report a low battery level.

Is there something I am missing?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Same thing here. It was the case with Vera too. I've had mine for about a year and every test worked perfectly. Battery is still above 95%
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      Same thing here. It was the case with Vera too. I've had mine for about a year and every test worked perfectly. Battery is still above 95%
      If the device is not reporting, how do you know the batteries are at 95%? Did you remove them and check them?

Comment

When I added it to HS. The battery reported on inclusion.
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          When I added it to HS. The battery reported on inclusion.
          That makes sense. Mine included at 100% - must be our altitude - less air to slow down electrons

Comment

Lol
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Mine included at 0% and hasn't budged over the last day. It is set to report every 3 hours, for now.

For a flood sensor, that we do need, I consider this unacceptable. If I can't figure this out, it may have to go back.

Doug

Comment

Been using a bunch of them for 6 years (HomeManageables, Everspring, & Utilitech), only with HS2 though. The ST812 battery always included at 100%, but never changed thereafter in HS. By default I change all batteries every year, even though testing shows the water detection is still working fine and the battery level (external tester) is above 60% - I'm just not at the house often enough to want to risk the batteries dying while I'm away and not knowing about it.
                On a side note, I've converted one to mains power, but am in 2 minds about this approach...
                All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Working...
                X