Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with what I have?? (new home)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with what I have?? (new home)

Hello all,

Today I am moving into a new home, which is "prewired for alarm system". From what I gather, it simply has all the entry sensors playing a chime when they are opened.

I'm enclosing 3 pictures of what's installed. I believe its the Ademco Vista Series. Not sure which model since several are listed in the same manual. Do any of you know?

I suppose I have 3 options moving forward:
    1. Don't integrate w/ HS3 and hire alarm company to do stand-alone final install (with monitoring)
    2. Add X component to existing setup to make it work with HS3
    3. replace the controller available with another that already works with HS3 and just keep the wiring to the sensors around the home.

Can someone provide me with advice on which way to go? My requirements are simple:
    1. Have a working alarm controllable through HS3 as well as keypads
    2. Have a monitoring contract through internet AND cellular

Thank you in advance,

Marco
    Attached Files

There's an Ademco Vista plugin that works with HS so that's the route I would go.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

IF they provided the dealer key to get into the programming.. If not, I would opt for the DSC and Spuds Plug-in for either panel
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Yes, you can use this. This is Honeywell /Ademco Vista 20p system. A very good systems, a very popular system with a lots and lots of info out there, and there are ton of parts(sensors) you can get cheap on ebay.

There is also lots of info in that manual and out on the web for the Vista 20p as far as overriding dealer keys( if there is one). Get familiar with your installer code, master code, installer code -
        https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/how-to...l-alarm-system

Another great site for Ademco help is:
        http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ser-codes.html

My recommendation is Envisalink (IP controllable) + Spuds plugin(HS3 integration).

For monitoring you AlarmRelay.com - super cheap and very reliable(i've used them).
        Other option I have hear good things about is Alarm.com

As far as alarm ip monitoring - you will have that yourself with Envisalink

Another Ademco plus point is it easily and cheaply expandable for 30 more zones( wireless).
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          Yes, you can use this. This is Honeywell /Ademco Vista 20p system. A very good systems, a very popular system with a lots and lots of info out there, and there are ton of parts(sensors) you can get cheap on ebay.

There is also lots of info in that manual and out on the web for the Vista 20p as far as overriding dealer keys( if there is one). Get familiar with your installer code, master code, installer code -
          https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/how-to...l-alarm-system

Another great site for Ademco help is:
          http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ser-codes.html

My recommendation is Envisalink (IP controllable) + Spuds plugin(HS3 integration).

For monitoring you AlarmRelay.com - super cheap and very reliable(i've used them).
          Other option I have hear good things about is Alarm.com

As far as alarm ip monitoring - you will have that yourself with Envisalink

Another Ademco plus point is it easily and cheaply expandable for 30 more zones( wireless).
          Tom,

thank you very much for your insightful feedback. From your comments and GearyT, it seems that the Spuds plug-in is the way to go with either the Ademco or DSC systems. I already have the Ademco system and I'm meeting tomorrow a DSC hardware installer to see the alternate. I will select the system base don which one has the most reasonable and functional panel. My wife doesn't understand the numeric pad, and has asked that it have a more user-friendly version. She commented on a friend's house, which uses the Honeywell Tuxedo touch panels.

I have contacted alarmrelay.com and it looks like a reasonable solution for monitoring.

The EyezOn module seems like a winner as well.

So, in summary, I should be set if I work with the local dealer to install any missing hardware (ie- sensors), and get them to give me the dealer codes. After that, get the EezOn module, then the GSM module from alarmrelay.com, get the Spuds plugin, and do the setup (monitoring & HS integration). Am I missing anything?

thanks,

Marco

Comment

you're on track. I believe the honeywell Tuxedo touch panels are compatible with the Vista 20p. With spuds plugin and Envialink you'll probably never use the touch panel. You'll probably just use the phone/tablets. Even without spuds plugin Envisalink allow you to control your alarm panel with your phone.
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I have the DSC touch panels, both at front door, and in bedroom on wife's side of bed... She loves being able to hear a noise and look over at the green panel
              Attached Files
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
              X