Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Homeseer Project

Scottish Homeseer Project
    Hi I would like to integrate homeseer into my new home and I was hoping to draw from peoples knowledge and experience.
    Any tips, recommendations and details on how to do certain things would be extremely appreciated.
    1. Weather:
    I have started with the basic HS weather display for HStouch using weatherXML plugin and seems to be working but if there is something better I would rather change it at the start.

1. Audio:
    I have a XAP800, that I will setup to control 6 zones, I would like to have 3 inputs to this music on the server through iTunes or windows whatever is more user friendly for HStouch, some stored radio stations and airplay from phones.
    I would like to control which zones are on and off, is this done with a virtual device?

2. Media:
    I plan to use XBMC/KODI along with the usual sky and nas dvd collection through my onkyo receiver which has Ethernet and a serial connection to allow control through Homeseer, not sure how easily controlled this will be through HStouch. I know there is a plugin for XMBC and Onkyo.
    I would like media in 2 rooms to start with, what is the easiest way to do this controllable with HStouch preferably. (is the answer 2 XBMC controls?)

3. PhLocation:

4. IP Network security Camera:
    I have one camera setup in my garage at the moment and would like a live feed to my HStouch devices on demand and a trigger when movement is detected.
    I know that I am asking a lot but any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated to get a good start with this system.
    Steven
Working...
X