CM15A: Send Command not working in events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15A: Send Command not working in events

How can I get the CM15a to control a device in an event? I simply want to turn on and off a X10 module at set times, so I'm using CM15A: Send Command in my event. However, the event won't run and the log reports "Error executing action: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid." Is there another command I should use in my event?

I'm running a Zee S2. Bug 2594 appears to describe the same problem.

Same for me

I have same problem. I am running Ubutntu 15.04. There is a post saying mochad doesn't work under 15.04 so I got source, compiled, and installed. Then went back to homeseer. It now connects, but complains with the string error described above.

Comment

I have the same problem.
      Has a solution been found?

Comment

Your device you are attempting to control must have an X10 address on the X10 tab. Then in the event you simply select the option to Control a Device and select the device you want to control.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Please see this thread in the CM15a Plugin section: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178669
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Stan,

Thank you for confirming the bug you are reporting is the same as what is already in Bugzilla.

Sparkman's post really isn't a workaround; it's the way HS works. You control HS devices and let HS figure out how to communicate with them rather than you directing a plugin to send commands over a communication channel directly to the device. I don't think Zwave, Insteon or UPB users are sending commands directly to their devices. I believe the "Send X10" commands were left in the plugin to allow sending things like "All Lights On" and "All Units Off" rather than the primary way to communicate with devices.

I understand that a lot of folks are upset that the X10 plugins are not what they expected, and that there are a lot of issues. That is why I volunteered to try and help (see this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178669) I have only just started working on the "other" X10 plugin (for the Ti-103 and CM11a) because I am most familiar with the Ti plugin, and will begin looking at the CM15 plugin once I get familiar with the HS3 plugin architecture and procure a CM15 interface, and I ask for your patience in the interim.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Well it worked last night - but not today.

The outdoor lights turned on and off fine the one time.

But today the aquarium lights didn't - even though they're set up exactly the same as the outdoor lights.

I can turn them on/off reliably with Device Manager, but HS3/CM15A Plug-In failed to fire or even show up on the log.

Re-set the "On" time forward and waited for the new time to pass.

Aquarium lights don't fire. Repeated this several times.

What a complete waste of time!

Never had this much nonsense with X10.

Software was much much more intuitive. And it worked.

Drag and drop, type in House code etc. saved settings into CM15A - and it simply just worked.

For years and years it worked.

And all the hardware STILL WORKS!

Why should I feel compelled to "upgrade" to Z-Wave etc. when my existing setup only needs software to simply turn it on/ turn it off?

Totally exasperated.

Unless customer support can get this working tomorrow when they're open, my Homeseer reviews will be scathing.

Comment

Hmmm sounds like my situation

My x10 stuff works some times and sometimes not. I am using a pi and CM15a I can send commands from the web interface but do not see the results on the screen. Events that are Identical ( Copied with house code changed) one works one does not. I now have no idea what to check, The HS3 on my PC worked but now on the pi there is a difference. If I had hair it would be pulled out.

The last change updates on some units and not on others. Seer does not seem to see some commands but acts on them. For example A motion sensor set to turn on a light and sound a charm, and make a speech. Shows no change on the web page but the activity takes place.
                The light lights the chime chimes, I assume that the sound speaks but have not yet hooked up the speakers. The web page does not change. If I push the house code manually from a Fob, I get nothing.
                I also keep seeing an error for CM15. See below at Jan-06 2:38:47 PM

Jan-06 2:38:51 PM TTS Speak ():Look to the great aurora
                Jan-06 2:38:51 PM Event Event Trigger "Drive Alarm Alarm North"
                Jan-06 2:38:51 PM Device Control Device: cam alarm drive H4 Chime to Off (0)
                Jan-06 2:38:49 PM Device Control Device: cam alarm drive H4 Chime to On (100)
                Jan-06 2:38:47 PM TTS Speak ():Look West Young Man
                Jan-06 2:38:47 PM Event Event Trigger "Drive Alarm Drive alarm 5"
                Jan-06 2:38:47 PM TTS Speak ():The furnace has been turned on
                Jan-06 2:38:47 PM CM15A Error executing action: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                Jan-06 2:38:47 PM Event Event Trigger "Kill Furnace step one Manual furnace on"
                Jan-06 2:36:54 PM Device Control Device: furnace furnace K3 Furnace indicator to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Jan-06 2:36:44 PM Device Control Device: furnace furnace K7 Furnace switch to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Is there any place with basic instructions to set up x10 with Cm15 and test points?

Oh, And I am also running with MQTT. That bit seems to work fine. Running remote temp checks.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                X