X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro FGMS-001 Z-Wave Motion Sensor

looks like fun.. one on order !
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Be interesting to see if the bugs on the battery devices get resolved, mine have been at 100% ever since they were installed which is probably over a month now, I doubt they are at that level considering I am reporting temperature at five minute intervals.

There also a lot of parameters, far more than any of my other devices. It is a painful experience doing it all by hand - perhaps some drop downs can be put in the plugin to help alter all of them?

Comment

did you file a request for drop downs in bugzilla ?

Comment

These right? http://store.homeseer.com/store/Fiba...sor-P2032.aspx

the vibration sensor is pretty cool. You can mount one on your clothes dryer (for instance) and have HomeSeer notify you went the dryer stops... or starts.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ah it has a vibration sensor!

When I got your email, I thought it had something to do with a blue pill!
          Attached Files
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Ah it has a vibration sensor!

When I got your email, I thought it had something to do with a blue pill!
            You're late to the party with this one. The typo police have already alerted us

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

blue pill .... would lead to some interesting icons ;>)

Comment

ok... I dropped it on the desk and the earthquake alarm set..
                how do i reset ?

Is HS going to make the many many options avail ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                  ok... I dropped it on the desk and the earthquake alarm set..
                  how do i reset ?

Is HS going to make the many many options avail ?
                  I do not have one of these yet but the instructions show that is should reset at 30 seconds by default:
                  6. MOTION ALARM CANCELLATION DELAY
                  Motion alarm will be cancelled in the main controller and the
                  associated devices after the period of time set in this parameter. Any
                  motion detected during the cancellation delay time countdown will
                  result in the countdown being restarted. In case of small values,
                  below 10 seconds, the value of parameter 2 must be modified (PIR
                  sensor’s “Blind Time”).
                  Available settings: 1 - 65535
                  Default setting: 30 (30 seconds)
                  Parameter size: 2 [bytes]

Comment

It would be nice if they created an new alarm icon for it.

Comment

once it goes into alarm, icon never resets
                      Attached Files

Comment

You need to set the tamper operating mode via parameter 24 and the delay time if necessary with parameter 22.

The default value for parameter 22 is 30 seconds.
                        The default value for parameter 24 is 0 which means that the alarm is reported but the cancellation is not.

The manual gives details of the various values / operating modes achieved with parameter 24.

Still doesn't alter the fact that the battery level is not reported for these Fibaro sensors but not sure if this is a device or HS issue. I did report this directly to Rich some time ago and as far as he was aware there wasn't a software issue but I've not had chance to ask users of other software yet if they get battery level reports.

Paul..

Comment

see this post as there is a Beta that lets you set the settings for this. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...171320&page=16

or download it direct from ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/HSPI_ZWave.exe

Greig.
                          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Still trying to get to the bottom of the battery level device not updating on the Fibaro motion sensor, so I set a polling interval of 8 hours on the battery device. In the log I now see this every 8 hours:

Jul-02 04:32:03 Z-Wave Warning Queued command (Unknown) failed for Node 37 Z-Wave Fibaro On/Off Sensor Node 37 Root and is being re-queued for the next wake-up interval.
                            Jul-02 04:32:03 Z-Wave Warning UZB1: Device (Node 37) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device
                            I'm running Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.1.22

Paul..

Comment

Today again, sensor @ 100% according to HS. But empty battery in practise.

Comment

Working...
                              X