Aeon z-stick upgrade path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon z-stick upgrade path

I have the Aeon z-stick and see there are some new z-wave controllers available now. I watched Mark's Video on the new smartStick and in his instructions he shows performing a backup of the z-stick then restoring to the smartstick.

Well, my z-stick does not have the backup option on the pull down under HS3. How would I upgrade my controller without having to redefine all my devices?

I'd like to get off the z-stick before I start adding more nodes and customization to HS3. I'm still in newbie stage so it would only be a couple of hours of work to redefine everything.

Hopefully their is an upgrade path.

I'm running HS3 on a Linux VM.

Originally posted by denisl View Post
    Well, my z-stick does not have the backup option on the pull down under HS3.
    You mean the new Aeon Gen5 stick does not list 'restore backup'?

I managed to backup from old Z-Stick2 okay. Just can't restore!

Also tried 'send network information to another controller and make primary' but no success

Comment

Was there a solution to this? I am now in the same boat after a failed experiment with the z-wave.me UZB (at least for now) - now I cannot seem to fall back to the Aeon...

Comment

Originally posted by pkitch View Post
        Was there a solution to this? I am now in the same boat after a failed experiment with the z-wave.me UZB (at least for now) - now I cannot seem to fall back to the Aeon...
        I'm actually waiting or hoping someone knew the answer. I have my new ZStick Gen5 still sitting in its brand new box :-)

Anyone?

Registered bug id=2869
        Last edited by johnny_holden; July 7, 2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_holden View Post
          I'm actually waiting or hoping someone knew the answer. I have my new ZStick Gen5 still sitting in its brand new box :-)

Anyone?

Registered bug id=2869
          My Aeonstick works OK without performing a formal Restore- so thankfully I am OK.

For what it's worth - I am using the Gen5 Zwave+ stick and it works just fine, I used the 2nd Gen version listed in the dropdown.

Comment

Working...
          X