HomeTroller and HS3 slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller and HS3 slow

A few weeks ago I noticed some of my events took longer to process. For an example when I got to bed there is one event that I trigger that turns off some lights and TV's and turn on other lights and TV's among a few other things. This event has been running for a long time and used to triger everything with 2-5 seconds. Since a few weeks ago it started taking around 30 seconds for all the light, TV's etc to turn on or off. Then a few days some plugins or events would stop working so I would restart HS3 and upon a restart something different would not work properly. After a few restart everything would work good for a few days and the same thing would happen. Each time it's a diffrent plugin or event that doesn't work. Tonight I log on the Hometroller and even opening a file folder can take up to 30 seconds. Did a restart on the HomeTroller and still the same thing. It's not something I did or changed because I haven't done anything with HS3 in the last 6 months and it only started acting up a few weeks ago. What could be causing this?

I originally thought it was an issue with the HomeTroller but I just tried shutting down HS3 and and opening files and any file or folder opens in a split second. As soon as I restart HS3 it goes back to taking 20-30 second to open a simple file folder so it looks like it's an HS3 Issue. I also just notice an error in the log which I didn't see in the past few weeks so not sure if it's related or the cause. The error is:

HSTouch Server Error getting events, do you have more than one event configured in HomeSeer?

What does this error mean?

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
      I originally thought it was an issue with the HomeTroller but I just tried shutting down HS3 and and opening files and any file or folder opens in a split second. As soon as I restart HS3 it goes back to taking 20-30 second to open a simple file folder so it looks like it's an HS3 Issue. I also just notice an error in the log which I didn't see in the past few weeks so not sure if it's related or the cause. The error is:

HSTouch Server Error getting events, do you have more than one event configured in HomeSeer?

What does this error mean?
      To me that error means you should disable the HSTouch server plugin, restart HS3 and see if the issue still exists.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Turned off the HS Touch plugin and re stared HS3 and seemed to have helped a bit but there is still an issue. Before I turned it off everytime I would try to open something it hang for a bit. Now i can a couple folder quick but every 2nd 3rd one hangs and one that opens quick once will hang the next time. Since it did make a bit of difference it could still be related. So what does it mean.

Comment

Have you checked to cpu usage to see if anything is pegging the cpu?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

CPU usage is at 10%. I did see a few 50% spike in the course of a few minutes.

Comment

It gets worst. Now all my programed events have disappeared. I restarted HS3 and they are still not sowing up.

Comment

Working...
              X