Fibaro motion sensor dead battery when showing 77%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro motion sensor dead battery when showing 77%

So my first Fibaro died after 6 months of use. Not bad though considering how much i have fiddle around with it.

But what worries me a little is that the device never showed that it was starting to get low on power. The last state before dying was 77%. Anyone else have had this "problem"?

Here is my parameter changes:
    Parameter, Value, Hex, Bit

Motion Sensor Sensitivity 1 8 8 1
    Motion sensor blind time 2 0 0 1
    PIR sensor window time 4 3 3 1
    Motion alarm cancelation delay 6 5 5 2
    Tamper Sensitivity 20 0 0 1
    Illumination report threshold 40 50 32 2
    Illumination reports internval 42 900 708 2
    Interval of temperature measuring 62 900 12C 2
    Temperatur reports interval 64 0 12C 2
    Led signaling mode 80 0 0 1
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    So my first Fibaro died after 6 months of use. Not bad though considering how much i have fiddle around with it.

But what worries me a little is that the device never showed that it was starting to get low on power. The last state before dying was 77%. Anyone else have had this "problem"?

Here is my parameter changes:
    I have four Fibaro motion sensors and my battery devices have never updated since installed and the same goes for Everspring door sensors. I fully expect that they will just stop working with no warning at all...I know some recent changes are meant to have made changes for the motion sensor but don't know if the battery device is included in this.

Comment

Yeah same here.

I first noticed now cause i use LUX to turn lights off if the value is high over set time, due to sun etc. And the lights where still on. And in the log i saw that there hadn't been any update for a while.

I have set a push notification when battery is low. And was hoping it could work.

Maybe we need something else to notify when a device failes due to power...

Comment

My Fibaro motion sensor always shows 100% battery and my Fibaro door contact always shows 0%. They never change.

Comment

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong topic, please disregard.
          Last edited by btorrenga; February 9, 2016, 05:24 PM. Reason: Wrong topic.

Comment

Battery life is notoriously difficult to monitor. The fact that you're getting readings other than 100% or 0% -- as opposed to a lot of devices -- is the best you can hope for.

The problem is that with alkaline batteries, battery life does not correspond proportionally to voltage, which is typically how battery "life" is monitored (and really the only way). Below a certain voltage, some devices won't work, some batteries won't put out any more juice, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
              Battery life is notoriously difficult to monitor. The fact that you're getting readings other than 100% or 0% -- as opposed to a lot of devices -- is the best you can hope for.

The problem is that with alkaline batteries, battery life does not correspond proportionally to voltage, which is typically how battery "life" is monitored (and really the only way). Below a certain voltage, some devices won't work, some batteries won't put out any more juice, etc.
              What if we used other batteries than alkaline? Is there something else we could use? Change them to something that could give better reading

Sent fra min E6853 via Tapatalk

Comment

Most devices unfortunately are geared towards alkaline batteries. Lithium batteries would in theory be worse, because they don't degrade in voltage throughout their useful life as much as alkalines do.

Rechargeables would be the absolute worst, because they actually don't put out a true 1.5V -- more like 1.42 or 1.45 -- so battery life will report lower than what it is.

The only other type is the old school zinc batteries (old ever ready batteries), but I don't know how their voltage over time characteristic is.

Comment

Working...
                X