Water detector response time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water detector response time

I'm sorry, but I don't see an obvious forum for this question. Does anyone know why my Fortrezz WWA01AA water detectors take a long time, 10 to 45 minutes, to register an alarm on HS? They will communicate with associated devices almost instantly and other nearby lamp modules, switches and tstats communicate with the HS network immediately. I've tried many jack leg ideas, but no joy. Any ideas?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Do you have them associated to HS? The ones I have working register leak alarms with HS immediately.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I don't understand; I have enrolled them in HS. Isn't that all I need to do?
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Check the associations. HS should be associated on Group 1. If it's not, you need to add it.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

I am unfamiliar with this. Are you referring to the associations on each device?
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Yes, go to the z-wave settings for the root device of the water sensors. You should see an Associations button. You'll need to wake up the device in order to set the association. It's been a while since I converted from HS2 to HS3, so I can't remember the exact place in HS2 to do this.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

As Sparkman writes, most likely the Association isn't set so the alarm only gets sent when the Device wakes up and sends the regular temperature 'heartbeat', which is why you have that delay.
              Go to the Device Root, repeatedly press the physical Device's Inclusion button to keep it awake, click on Associations, add HomeSeer and save, (sorry I don't recall the Group # or if there's more than 1 as I'm not near a FortrezZ to wake it up to capture the right screen). It should be similar to below. Then your alarms will be instant! (You don't need to change the Children).
              Attached Files
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Working...
              X