Email Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i try this I get a warning fro gmail

Thanks for the tips in this thread and I thought i was doing ok but gmail now sends a mail to my other account telling me that a sign on attempt has been prevented saying the "app does not meet modern security standards" any ideas?

Phill

Comment

So I turned the gmail check off but is there another way?

So I turned the gmail check off but is there another way?

Comment

Originally posted by phillb View Post
        Thanks for the tips in this thread and I thought i was doing ok but gmail now sends a mail to my other account telling me that a sign on attempt has been prevented saying the "app does not meet modern security standards" any ideas?

Phill
        HS uses outdated versions of the SSL/TLS protocol and seems to have no desire to update it given the lack of response to Bugzilla's associated with this. There's a setting somewhere in gmail to allow connections by less secure clients. My guess is that at some point Google will no longer allow this and this will stop working.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks

Found switch on google site hopefully will last until i upgrade to HS3

Comment

Originally posted by phillb View Post
            Found switch on google site hopefully will last until i upgrade to HS3
            No problem. I believe HS3 has the same issue.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I beleive Jon00 has an email plugin that works with most email providers as well.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here using GMail / STunnel with my HS2 boxes. I do also use the STunnel running on the HS2 box for HS3. Works fine. Just point your email to the IP of the STunnel service running on HS2.

I have not touched the STunnel configuration in many years.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X