Mobile Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Applications

Why is there such a limited number of mobile applications for HS3? I've looked at the designer piece but groan each time I attempt to start a project.

When I was previously using Vera, there were a number of very good apps for both Android and iOS (ImperiHome, VeraMate, iViri, etc)

I'm also not seeing other programs supporting homeseer:
    -VoxCommando
    -RoomieRemote
    -iRule

This has appears to be one significant piece I'm missing since moving from Vera. Or perhaps my search skills are poor

IMO, this (mobile app) IS the biggest drawback moving from Vera.

There are simply no HomeSeer "Imperihome" (insert your own fav mobile app.) equivalents.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

No, you are right. It's been very frustrating for me as well. Such little movement on this over the years, at least the 5 that I have been using Homeseer. I had been very close in the past to switching software to accommodate my ios hardware and family but no other software seems better than HS. I think things are going to change for the better even though history is no indication though as apps seems to be becoming more multi-platform based. I think the use of IFTT is a good sign and there may be some movement with echo in the near future. In addition, there was a rumor the Blade was gonna develop an ios app but not sure if that is still on.

Comment

Btw, there ways you can use roomie and irule with homeseer using commands through this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...20#post1089120 or with JSON and I have used both roomie and irule to do just that. For some reasons those apps though don't have native integration.

Comment

What are you talking about. I've been using incontrol on my windows phone for years! (yes windows still makes a phone)
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            What are you talking about. I've been using incontrol on my windows phone for years! (yes windows still makes a phone)
            people actually have windows phones

Comment

Yep. HST is a disaster for everyone who, 1) doesn't have hundreds of hours to squander and 2) isn't a graphic designer. The options for Vera are vastly better. It isn't even funny. It's pretty sad actually.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I find that no good (or any) mobile apps push me for better "automation". The only thing I want it for is status checking from time to time.

I would still love an authomation or imperihome for hs.

That and I still find that rts' veraproximity was has no equivalent geofencing app in hs. It was sooo precise for me that I could literally set it at my driveway and it would trigger correctly every time.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can definitely use iRule. I am not using it that much currently as I am trying to 'automate' vs 'control' as much as possible, but it's highly configurable , much better than HS Touch and is easy to integrate with HS3 - especially if you use drule's Serial/IP/IR plugin. And, whilst the designer is in the cloud, you don't need the cloud to use it.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                  X