Help with Z-Wave to IP router thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Z-Wave to IP router thingy

This thread might be better off elsewhere but I'll leave that up to the moderator.

Sigma is sending me a Dev Kit for a specific function I have in mind. It has to do with creating back-door access through IP to a growing menagerie of controllers from other people: TCP/Greenwave, Wink, iSmartAlarm, Lutron, etc.

So at the first level I hope to get the kit to act as a translator and act as a very smart, very complex Z-Wave-connectable device that harnesses anything connected to all this other stuff and ties it to HomeSeer.

And at that level I'm open to all kinds of help when it comes to understanding anything anybody may already know about addressing those other protocol controllers over IP. I'm hoping to be able to do more than would ever get exposed through IFTTT but even a "secret decoder ring" for that may be useful. Has anybody figured out the WiFi query/response for Big *** Fans?

At the second level I'm hoping to bring in Web-available resources; I'm on the phone tomorrow morning with AccuWeather to see if there's an API to their address/GPS-specific MinuteCast data (120 forecasts, minute by minute, for the next 120 minutes). Does anybody know of any API-available reverse-911 resources?

Once I get a skeletal system working I can try to enhance it to performing its own processing; for example, if it can monitor weather data then instead of depending on minute-by-minute HomeSeer polling I could refine the interaction down to mostly triggers.

I have a lot of learning to do just to get the heart beating on this thing - so I will welcome any advice - even elementary advice - about how to query these device IP addresses in order to get info out or send commands in.
Working...
X