HomeSeer PCI modem with HS3 and Win8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
    I also noticed that my firmware was a little bit out of date and saw that you had to use winXP to update it. I have an old winXP media center tower somewhere in storage, so I'm going to pull that out and see if it still boots up and see if I can't get the firmware updated... and hopefully that'll get me a bit further.

I bricked mine trying it on Windows 7 when I didn't know about the XP business.......... So be careful.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

So it looks like I got this working after getting the firmware updated and reinstalled the drivers.

For some reason, I couldn't uninstall the drivers using the uninstall utility that the drivers package installed. I'd just get a "Cannot remove TAPI" error. So I just did a quick system restore to 2 days ago.

Originally, when I said I had no new devices in my audio control panel, I actually might have, but I guess when accessing the machine via remote desktop, by default, it forwards all audio to the machine you're remoting in with, and it only lists a single device, "remote audio". I changed the RDP settings to use local audio and could then see all audio devices including the Way2Call devices. Those may or may not have been present the first time I installed the drivers.

When I'd get the "Yes Sire" message after hitting the # key, any voice command I tried would give a an annoying low pitched beep (assuming it's a failure beep?). I then rebooted the way2call and the HS3 machine, and everything started working fine.

One weird thing still. The voice that plays usually talks really sloooooow. Talking in slow motion when it says "Yes Sire" and when it repeats back the commands. I assumed it was just an annoying voice file, but when I did the reboot, it talked at normal speed and sounded much better. But now it's back to talking in slow motion.

Also, I'm not interested in the callerID and voice message stuff. My existing phone system does what I want in that area. The only thing I'm interested in is voice commands (and in the future, possibly ringing the phone when important status changes occur). In the Phone tab, under "External Call Settings", I changed "External Call Answering Mode" from the default of "Number of Rings Exceeded" to "Do Nothing". That seems to go back to the native phone system answering machine. Is there anything else I need to change to turn off everything except voice commands?

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
        One weird thing still. The voice that plays usually talks really sloooooow. Talking in slow motion when it says "Yes Sire" and when it repeats back the commands. I assumed it was just an annoying voice file, but when I did the reboot, it talked at normal speed and sounded much better. But now it's back to talking in slow motion.

I tried plugging in the power adapter instead of using just USB, then I had to restart homeseer 'cause nothing worked after that. But after the restart, the voice was back to normal speed and has been since. So hopefully it stays that way

Comment

Just ran into another issue. If I have a RDP session into my automation pc, everything works perfectly. The moment I log out of that session the phone integration stops working. When it hit the # key, I don't hear "yes sire", but I do hear the tone that lets you speak a command, but nothing happens. The moment I log back into the automation machine, it all starts working again.

Everything else with HS3 runs just fine without being logged into the machine. Is there some service or something that need to configure to be run as a background service?

Comment

Working...
          X