New house alarm system...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New house alarm system...

Well, after 25 years in our current house, we're moving to a new place and that means I get to build a new system from scratch. I plan to start with a fresh HS3 and see what I can do. The first thing on the agenda is the home security system. Never had one before (unless DS10's count!) and I'd like to find a way to monitor/control it from HS.

It's an ADEMCO, but not the Vista panel, it's the wireless LYNXR panel with honeywell wireless sensors on the doors, windows and a few motion sensors.

My initial goal would be to be able to see the status of the sensors in HS. Is there a way to monitor the sensors directly or must the link between HS and the sensors be done via the panel?

Any help to get me started is appreciated!

Looks like you're going to need a new panel.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

New pad

I'm definitely OK with buying a new vista pad, but I was hoping to keep the wireless sensors that are already in place. Honeywell doesn't seem to make it easy to find information on this sort of stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by kwaugh View Post
        I'm definitely OK with buying a new vista pad, but I was hoping to keep the wireless sensors that are already in place. Honeywell doesn't seem to make it easy to find information on this sort of stuff...
        Do you have the model number of all the sensors already in place?
        The wireless series that work with Vista is 58xx series...

I use the Vista 128BP panel with 5894PI & 5800PIR motion detectors, 5820L, 5815 and Micra door/window sensors and 5806W3 smoke detectors.
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Vista panel

My sensors all appear to be 58xx sensors as well. So it looks like the vista panels will work with the sensors I have, that's good news!

Thanks!

Comment

My sensors all appear to be 58xx sensors as well. So it looks like the vista panels will work with the sensors I have, that's good news!

Thanks!
            Great!

Do you plan to DIY or go back to the installer for replacing the panel?

Btw, i use AD2USB to interface my vista to HS3 server and mnsandler's plugin. This combo can map any 58xx rf devices (even those that are not registered in your panel) so you can make use of more rf devices than the maximum # that your panel supports. Faster too (still about 1s delay, though).

It's a handy feature to make use of 58xx sensors in HS3.
            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

I plan to do the replacement myself. Looks pretty straightforward. The combo you have is pretty much exactly what I plan on doing. Which panel do you have?

Thanks!

Comment

I plan to do the replacement myself. Looks pretty straightforward. The combo you have is pretty much exactly what I plan on doing. Which panel do you have?

Thanks!
                Yeah, everything is in the manuals. I was a bit thrown off when I first programmed mine, since I was not familiar with the terms and that the programming system has probably not changed since the 80s. Luckily it's only a one time thing

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                Do you have the model number of all the sensors already in place?
                The wireless series that work with Vista is 58xx series...

I use the Vista 128BP panel with 5894PI & 5800PIR motion detectors, 5820L, 5815 and Micra door/window sensors and 5806W3 smoke detectors.
                The 50, 128 and 250 supports normal wired, V-Plex wired and wireless sensors. V-Plex is an addressable bus on a pair of wire, so you can put many sensors on a single wire and the system can communicate to each sensor separately. It sounds like a great feature, unfortunately the AD2USB does not support that yet.

Comment

Working...
                X