X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These guys actually get it !!

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/next-ro...ecognize-crap/

They understand what so many other companies don't

Like a sentient being, your home should “know” when to preheat the oven, turn on a bedside lamp, or brew a fresh pot of coffee. If you’re using an app, you’re essentially using a remote control. There’s nothing particularly “smart” about that.
    Last edited by collegeboyslive; August 31, 2015, 08:25 AM.
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Agree.
    Can we compile and collaborate on a list of items (automated or remote-controlled) that we could do in HA?
    I know we have few threads on this, but that is really not the media I am looking for.
    Any ideas how to share and collaborate on something like this?
    Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone else see the irony between the current thread and this one (or several others with the same theme that have appeared on the board since the intro of Windows 10)?

If we want our HA systems to act like highly effective butlers we also have to be aware of how much information about us and how we live our lives they will have. And unlike the old British service culture, we do not have total control over this new electronic "help". They don't worry about us ruining their lives if they divulge embarrassing or even incriminating activities or compromise our physical or financial security.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Does anyone else see the irony between the current thread and this one (or several others with the same theme that have appeared on the board since the intro of Windows 10)?

If we want our HA systems to act like highly effective butlers we also have to be aware of how much information about us and how we live our lives they will have. And unlike the old British service culture, we do not have total control over this new electronic "help". They don't worry about us ruining their lives if they divulge embarrassing or even incriminating activities or compromise our physical or financial security.
        Indeed! And speaking of that thread, I just added an interesting (to me) link to a YouTube video showing yet another imposition by Windows 10.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X