No announcement yet.

If Homeseer went away ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im glad it doesnt use cloud service , otherwise i never update again....

but im very interested in the amazon echo , thats really amazing if there is a plugin
    but lets wait for the app , maybe i gonna order 1 to play with
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We have a new development system that allows us to create one set of code and output apps for IOS, Android, and Windows Phone. Z-Tool+ was the first app to use this tool and its pretty awesome.
      I'm curious, what is the name of this new system?

We are working on a new HSTouch app that does not use the Designer. It will be out in stages so we can get feedback as we develop it. But the development time will be greatly reduced. Note that we will continue to support the current HSTouch and Designer. The Designer is a feature that no other system offers.
      What is the long term plan for this new HSTouch? will there ever be a new Designer that works with the new HStouch, and then the old HSTouch and Designer will become deprecated?

Comment

Spud, take a look at http://xamarin.com/

This allows you to write mobile apps in .NET! (C# only, which is ok). They have recently announced xamarin forms which is a forms package that is portable between all mobile platforms. It has some limitations, but Z-Tool+ uses it and it had everything I needed. (you can still access platform specific UI items if you want) The apps are larger than native due to the runtime it includes but the time saved in creating the app is huge. I guess the only issue for an individual developer is it can be pricey as you need to pay per year. I bet Microsoft buys them at some point.

As for the new HSTouch, its not going to be a replacment for the current HSTouch, but a new app that does not rely on the designer. It will use the HS JSON interface so it will be fast, have some event creation built in. It is targeted for a user who would expect to manage and control their system with a single app.

In my last post I also forgot to mention we will be offering IP camera recording soon, a big requested feature.

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I'm curious, what is the name of this new system?

What is the long term plan for this new HSTouch? will there ever be a new Designer that works with the new HStouch, and then the old HSTouch and Designer will become deprecated?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Spud, take a look at http://xamarin.com/

This allows you to write mobile apps in .NET! (C# only, which is ok). They have recently announced xamarin forms which is a forms package that is portable between all mobile platforms. It has some limitations, but Z-Tool+ uses it and it had everything I needed. (you can still access platform specific UI items if you want) The apps are larger than native due to the runtime it includes but the time saved in creating the app is huge. I guess the only issue for an individual developer is it can be pricey as you need to pay per year. I bet Microsoft buys them at some point.

As for the new HSTouch, its not going to be a replacment for the current HSTouch, but a new app that does not rely on the designer. It will use the HS JSON interface so it will be fast, have some event creation built in. It is targeted for a user who would expect to manage and control their system with a single app.

In my last post I also forgot to mention we will be offering IP camera recording soon, a big requested feature.
          thanks, I never worked with it, but xamarin looks very nice.

If the new HStouch is not a replacement for the old HStouch, I'm worried that fixes and enhancements for the current HSTouch and Designer will come at an even slower pace than now, since you now have one more codebase to support.

Comment

Thanks for all these updates. HS's constant improvements are certainly meeting the right needs for its customers.

What kind of specs would a hs system with ip cam recording features need? Like how many cams could the zee 2 support? If a zee2 couldn't how about say mini pc(celeron)?

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
            X