Garage door opener/monitor for newer style units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage door opener/monitor for newer style units

Does someone have something in the works for the newer style garage door openers which use a digital wall unit, instead of the simple push-button?

Both my newer Genie units and my new Liftmaster use digital units and it seems like the only thing I can currently do is buy the MyQ ethernet module for the opener, string an ethernet cable across the garage wall, and then spend another $40 for the MyQ plugin. Seems a bit ridiculous, IMO.

If this is my only alternative, I will take the more direct approach and use one of the z-wave relays and solder the two leads to one of the remotes.

Hoping for some insight.
    Thanks.

How about linear garage door unit(z wave), but it's like $90. Or build a sensor n relay using my sensors (few bucks) and plugin is free. Someone on the mysensor thread did just that.

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I ended up doing just that. I soldered leads to one of my remotes, and then attached them to a Zwave dry-contact switch. Works great. As far as the plugin goes, I tested it, and I really think the remote hack is a better solution.

Comment

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X