Homeseer mention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer mention

Homeseer was mentioned on Huffington Post yesterday...

Top 18 Home Automation Companies Who Will Run Your Home - http://huff.to/1EACuBk

Cool! Thanks

"HomeSeer: This award-winning whole home automation system has been noted for its comprehensive compatibility with other types of software, control technologies, and wireless technologies. Having been available for over a decade, HomeSeer continues to update and enhance its value with the latest technology and features, including cloud-based remote access."

Google/Nest, Samsung/Smarthings, Apple/Homekit are the mains ones to watch since they have such deep pockets.
    I lean towards iOS and everything I had read was that Homekit was only supposed to be a conduit for software, apps and devices for a smarthome( I could be wrong).
    HS beauty is that it integrates with most things and if they can integrate with homekit and nest, HS will be in a great position.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      Cool! Thanks

"HomeSeer: This award-winning whole home automation system has been noted for its comprehensive compatibility with other types of software, control technologies, and wireless technologies. Having been available for over a decade, HomeSeer continues to update and enhance its value with the latest technology and features, including cloud-based remote access."

Google/Nest, Samsung/Smarthings, Apple/Homekit are the mains ones to watch since they have such deep pockets.
      I lean towards iOS and everything I had read was that Homekit was only supposed to be a conduit for software, apps and devices for a smarthome( I could be wrong).
      HS beauty is that it integrates with most things and if they can integrate with homekit and nest, HS will be in a great position.
      Google, apple, samsung etc. are indeed ones to watch, and really only watch since barely anything exists yet. It was odd to see Apple at #1 on that list. Does they even have a home automation solution of any kind yet? They are comparing vaporware to actual mature products.

If the article was HA systems to actually use and not just watch it would be a far shorter list with no mention of Apple or Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
        Google, apple, samsung etc. are indeed ones to watch, and really only watch since barely anything exists yet. It was odd to see Apple at #1 on that list. Does they even have a home automation solution of any kind yet? They are comparing vaporware to actual mature products.

If the article was HA systems to actually use and not just watch it would be a far shorter list with no mention of Apple or Google.
        From my perspective, of the top three I would be inclined to trust Apple. The other two I wouldn't allow anywhere near my home, especially Samsung.

And I'm glad HS is a notch above Vera, though I think HomeSeer should be higher on the list.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

And 17 years for Homeseer instead of over a decade putting it oldest (self installed) DIY automation software.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
            Does they even have a home automation solution of any kind yet? They are comparing vaporware to actual mature products.

No Apple currently does not have a HA solution, just a "plan", but from what I've read their plan isn't to offer a HA software, but be a intermediate or platform for others. So your completely right apple, nor google should be on the list right now.
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Two of the entries (13 & 14) look to be just for door locks.
              I would not really consider that home automation.
              So, that move HomeSeer up two notches in the list!

Comment

Thanks guys.... given the "deep pockets" of most of these companies and the marketing dollars spent on promotion, we're pretty happy to have unsolicited mentions like this. #15? sure, why not.

If you've got a twitter account, be sure to follow us and to retweet my tweet about this: https://twitter.com/HomeSeer
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Isn't Wink dead?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                    Isn't Wink dead?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      From my perspective, of the top three I would be inclined to trust Apple. The other two I wouldn't allow anywhere near my home, especially Samsung.
                      I agree with this mostly. I'm not sure how autonomously the smartthings divisions runs at Samsung, but before they were acquired they seemed like a great company. If you look at their forum there is a ton of users that are very engaged, and lots of interaction between the users and the company. They seemed to have studied the things that work over here. Now that they are part of Samsung though--it is only a matter of time before the user becomes the product--like with google, and wink. With Apple at least the product is the product--which I like. Apple seems to be really excellent at protocols and frameworks (well most of the time) and that seems to be all that homekit is. There is arguably no one better at delivering secure consumer solutions at that moment, which is sort of the point of HomeKit. This is why I am hopeful that there is a way that homeseer can have a homekit plugin or integration of some sort, and why I hope homeseer does not see itself as an Apple competitor or get acquired by one.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I would not trust my home to any of the big companies, but recently Samsung has annoyed me to the point, that I would open my life to Google before I use their products related to home automation.

Pushed phone updates, wiping out my data, turning on their backup to their cloud and sucking my phone data, even though I had it turned off, pushing unwanted apps to my phone, and the list goes on.... I rooted it and now run Cryanogenmod as a result of the fiasco with wiping the phone's data after an unwanted pushed upgrade (think pulling your phone from your pocket and it is re-initialized as a new phone, with no data, pictures, contacts, or anything anymore). I will probably never get another one of their phones due to their policies. It's all a shame, as I have really liked their products the last 10 years or so until things started getting this way.

Comment

I love Apple, they do make some great products and their stock is going to fund at least a year of my retirement (assuming it stays about 100).

However I for one do not trust Apple in the slightest for something like this. Apple has continually demonstrated contempt for standards, embracing them only when they have no choice (and then pretending like they are huge standards evangelists). They also have contempt for the home hobbyist. Frankly, when it comes to computers Apple lost me the day they found out that people were popping the cases on the macs to mod them and reacted not by embracing the community, but by switching to a type of screw that most people would not have tools for in order to prevent people from modding the computers they purchased. For as cool as the Mac was at the time, after that dick move I knew I would never purchase a computer from Apple.

Comment

Homeseer should definitely be in the top 5, Creston should have been at the top of that list though...it's just unaffordable for most people wanting to dabble with home automation.

Good to see HS get some more recognition!

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                              Homeseer should definitely be in the top 5, Creston should have been at the top of that list though...it's just unaffordable for most people wanting to dabble with home automation.

Good to see HS get some more recognition!
                              I think this is spot-on. Although I'll add that Crestron is the way to go if you want someone else to do the work for you. I think HS excels if you're a tinkerer.

Comment

Working...
                              X