Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video demo of HSTouch launching Foscam Pan & Tilt Preset

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Video demo of HSTouch launching Foscam Pan & Tilt Preset

    Here's a quick video of a project I started last night. In a nutshell, I added Ethernet to my garage (using a TPLink powerline adapter), and then added a screen to my touchscreen project at home.

    Learn About HomeSeer

    #2
    Very nice! So what are the specs of hs server? Or better yet what kind of Hardware specs do you need to run at least 4 of these cams


    Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      Very nice! So what are the specs of hs server? Or better yet what kind of Hardware specs do you need to run at least 4 of these cams


      Sent from my iPhone
      I'm using a HomeTroller S6 PRO at home. That's 1.8 GHz dual core CPU with 4 GB RAM. The bottleneck is not usually the main system CPU but rather the client and connection type. If you're trying to display 4 cams on one of our tabletop units, the WiFi bandwidth and single-core CPU would yield very low frame rates. If you were using the Windows client with an Ethernet connection, the frame rates would be much faster.
      Learn About HomeSeer

      Comment


        #4
        Is the ~1.5 frame/sec because of the TPLink?
        Mike

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks Mark! I'm not going to display 4 cams at the same time, only one at a time, but just wondered if the current pc I'm using, mini itx - 1.2 ghz celeron, 2gb of ram, will be able to handle 4 cams. My thought is to perhaps make this my vacation home hs server and get another hs server for the regular house. Also have you tested these cams on a zee 2? Any issues, limitations?


          Sent from my iPhone
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mwaite View Post
            Is the ~1.5 frame/sec because of the TPLink?
            It's better than that, but no... if the touchscreen had a wired connection, it would be much better. WiFi to the touchscreen is the bottleneck. We see this at the office too.
            Learn About HomeSeer

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TomTom View Post
              Thanks Mark! I'm not going to display 4 cams at the same time, only one at a time, but just wondered if the current pc I'm using, mini itx - 1.2 ghz celeron, 2gb of ram, will be able to handle 4 cams. My thought is to perhaps make this my vacation home hs server and get another hs server for the regular house. Also have you tested these cams on a zee 2? Any issues, limitations?


              Sent from my iPhone
              Oh, one at a time? That should be easy for any of these systems.
              Learn About HomeSeer

              Comment


                #8
                In my testing, with one Android client and using Ethernet, I can get 10+ frames/sec on a Zee S2. Each frame is only 36K bytes and the Zee can move data pretty quickly, that's all its doing in this case. The frame rate will drop going through MyHS, but that's because of the network path.

                On Windows or an SEL, 15 frames/sec is not a problem. As Mark said, in our office we have 6 clients displaying video from a single camera. I don't see any degradation on the Ethernet connected clients. The wifi ones don't like to share the wifi, but this is not a typical case. What is more typical would be to display maybe 4 cameras at the same time. I think the frame rate would still stay pretty high, the bottleneck there would be the client since it has to display them all.
                website | buy now | support | youtube

                Comment

                Working...
                X