Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon device "is not responding" as a trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon device "is not responding" as a trigger?

Hi everyone, I'm switching to HS3 from ISY994i which has worked great but I've always liked HS3 a bit more. My PLM died so waiting for a replacement, so haven't been able to play with it much in terms of the built in Insteon support vs the $59 plug in but just had a question. On the ISY I'd have programs like:

IF: Living Room Lamp is 'Not Responding'
    THEN: Send notification 'Living Room Lamp not responding'

So if a Z-Wave or Insteon device was unreachable, it would notify me. I don't see that as an option under triggers in HS3 in terms of device responding or not. Is there any way to do this? It's important because my PLM died after just 1 year and I was on vacation, so all Insteon devices were unreachable, and I knew about it because it alerted me, so luckily my Z-Wave timers took over. Thanks!

The paid plugin does have a couple of special Insteon triggers to tell you if the plugin has crashed or stopped. Some failures of the PLM would trigger those, but probably not all. I don't know of any way to trigger on an individual device not working. You would have to ask Mark if he could add such a feature.

Comment

Great thanks that helps. Not a huge deal just figure be nice to have it email me status reports periodically confirming all devices are responding etc.

Comment

Working...
      X