Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote - Gold Box deal on Amazon US today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote - Gold Box deal on Amazon US today

Amazon US have the Harmony Ultimate Remote on a Gold Box deal today for $200 - usual price $350

Integrates nicely with Rien's Harmony Hub plugin
    cheeryfool

I see they are also reduced on Amazon UK - must be a new model coming out :-)

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up!
      Mike

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Logitech Harmony probably has the most confusing overlapping models and naming scheme around...

So this is just the 'Harmony Ultimate'?

If I'm not mistaken: there's also 'Harmony Ultimate One' which was IR only, 'Harmony Touch' which didn't have accelerometer (auto on when picked up)... and their new ones are 'Harmony Ultimate Home Touch', which has additional HA components in their database... then there are the 'Harmony Home' and 'Harmony Smart'...

They have a pretty funky keyboard that pairs with the Harmony hub and blasts commands to different components based on the active scene and your programming:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmo.../dp/B00LTKGFCW

I wonder if it's compatible with the Hub that comes with this Harmony?
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Picked up 2 today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
            Picked up 2 today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nice!
            cheeryfool

Comment

Disappointed

Received my remotes, and I've gotta say I'm very disappointed. After 4 years it appears they still don't have a solution for adding delay's between device functions.

I use energy saving power strips, that detects the wattage of the TV, and when > ~50w turns all the high standby power consuming devices on (when <50w turns them off).

Not only that, but it appears they have removed the ability to manual Power On and Power Off of a device from the "Add Step" system. At least with my 1100 and V7.7 of the software you could work around the delay limitation, Now it appears that nothing can be done...

It is shocking to me that after 4 years they haven't added any substantial programming functionality..

I so miss my Pronto....

Before I send these things back, anyone have any solutions?
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Received my remotes, and I've gotta say I'm very disappointed. After 4 years it appears they still don't have a solution for adding delay's between device functions.

I use energy saving power strips, that detects the wattage of the TV, and when > ~50w turns all the high standby power consuming devices on (when <50w turns them off).

Not only that, but it appears they have removed the ability to manual Power On and Power Off of a device from the "Add Step" system. At least with my 1100 and V7.7 of the software you could work around the delay limitation, Now it appears that nothing can be done...

It is shocking to me that after 4 years they haven't added any substantial programming functionality..

I so miss my Pronto....

Before I send these things back, anyone have any solutions?
                You can definitely add wait periods to the commands AFTER the devices have turned on. You don't seem to be able to add waits between powering on devices. So, if you have a TV, Cable Box and Receiver in your activity the ON commands will be sent right after each other, but if you need to delay some TV commands once the TV is on, that's entirely doable.

I have a Watch Netflix activity, that uses the Netflix App on my Sammy TV. There's no discrete command to take you to the Netflix App, so I have to launch the Internet@TV widget after the TV comes on, wait 10 seconds for it to launch then add arrow key and enter commands to navigate to and launch the correct app.

You should see the "Add Delay" button in the top corner of the Customize Activity window in the MyHarmony app. I think you can also add this via the mobile app, but I haven't tried that
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                  You can definitely add wait periods to the commands AFTER the devices have turned on. You don't seem to be able to add waits between powering on devices. So, if you have a TV, Cable Box and Receiver in your activity the ON commands will be sent right after each other, but if you need to delay some TV commands once the TV is on, that's entirely doable.

I have a Watch Netflix activity, that uses the Netflix App on my Sammy TV. There's no discrete command to take you to the Netflix App, so I have to launch the Internet@TV widget after the TV comes on, wait 10 seconds for it to launch then add arrow key and enter commands to navigate to and launch the correct app.

You should see the "Add Delay" button in the top corner of the Customize Activity window in the MyHarmony app. I think you can also add this via the mobile app, but I haven't tried that
                  Thanks for the reply. None of that will work, because the devices that are connected to the energy saving sockets are not ready to receive any commands when the Ultimate sends the power commands...

There must be serious structural deficiencies in the code base to prevent the introduction of device level activity delays.

Iv'e noticed also that the devs thought it would be a great idea to remove the power on and off commands when adding a Step, as is found in version 7.7 of the software.. With the serious limitation of the "Delay" functionality and the omission of the power commands in "steps" it completely renders the "Ultimate" useless to me, as of now they have blocked any workarounds that use to be available...

/rant

Still open to any idea's.....
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Thanks for the reply. None of that will work, because the devices that are connected to the energy saving sockets are not ready to receive any commands when the Ultimate sends the power commands...

There must be serious structural deficiencies in the code base to prevent the introduction of device level activity delays.

Iv'e noticed also that the devs thought it would be a great idea to remove the power on and off commands when adding a Step, as is found in version 7.7 of the software.. With the serious limitation of the "Delay" functionality and the omission of the power commands in "steps" it completely renders the "Ultimate" useless to me, as of now they have blocked any workarounds that use to be available...

/rant

Still open to any idea's.....
                    How about adding a new command to the devices called PwrOn or similar and teach Harmony the command from the original remote. Then because it's not the original Power On command, it should show in the list of commands. Then you would still have the original Power On commands at the start of the activity, which wouldn't do anything because there wouldn't be any power from the strip yet, then you would add a wait and then issue the PwrOn custom commands which would actually turn on the devices. etc etc
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                      X