Managing Alerts Outputs Based On Priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing Alerts Outputs Based On Priority

I was looking to send X message to various outputs depending on the priority.

For example

High Priority
    * Media Center Message Box (via HTTP or Telnet/TCP request)
    * Speaking (using BLSpeech) to Russound ALL Zones
    * Email

High Priority
    * Speaking (using BLSpeech) to Russound ACTIVE Zones
    * Email

Medium Priority
    * Speaking (using BLSpeech) to Russound Active Zones

Low Priority

What is the easiest way to mange groups of outputs, so I can easily add new outputs based on the priority...and not have to change all the event triggers in every potential alerts?

So event will just need one line as the event action:
    {priority=high} This is a test.
    And I can change where "high" outputs in a separate configuration, without needing to edit the event actions?

If this is too involved (and not used)...what is the best way to manage alerts on HomeSeer?

So far through trial and error, it seems to be BLSpeech and BLBroadcast are the best method. Not decoupled delivery system, but easier than hand coding.

Comment

Because there are no plugins that do everything the way I have done this in the past is just by sending the message to a script by a parameter, inside that script make a decision on what priority that message is and then send it to the required plugin. I appreciate that would mean creating a script but it is not necessarily a complex one..

Comment

I just have a few hundred events for announcements.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. At least I feel I'm not taking the long road for no reason.

Comment

Working...
          X