Great Windows 10/Linux PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Windows 10/Linux PC

Just FYI, I purchased one of the Qotom mini PC's (see link below) to use as my Alarm Camera/Media PC. It works great. It came with Windows 7 Ultimate and I upgraded to Windows 10. It uses only 12 watts and has no fan so is quiet. The PC is plenty fast for what I do. I actually purchased mine with 4GB memory and a 500 GB HDD from ebay for $209.00 shipped - what a deal. This listing is no longer available on ebay, but was relisted for $232.00 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Qotom-m195d-20...0_SR160%2C160_

Bob

Very nice Bob.

I found the same BayTrail mini TV PC last night looking. It is up a notch from the PiPoX7 with its expansion capabilities. Looks too that the motherboard has a serial port on it.

One I looked at has a VGA and HDMI port. The serial port socket on the motherboard looked to be standard or mini RS-232 sized.

It has many pieces which can be updated. The one I looked at had 4Gb of memory and an SSD drive for OS and I am thinking it comes with Windows 8.1 lite.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I found the same BayTrail mini TV PC last night looking. It is up a notch from the PiPoX7 with its expansion capabilities. Looks too that the motherboard has a serial port on it.

One I looked at has a VGA and HDMI port. The serial port socket on the motherboard looked to be standard or mini RS-232 sized.

It has many pieces which can be updated. The one I looked at had 4Gb of memory and an SSD drive for OS and I am thinking it comes with Windows 8.1 lite.
      Hi Pete,

Yes, there are several configurations for the BayTrail mini. You can get up to four (4) true serial ports and two LAN connections. I got 1-LAN, WIFI, 1-Serial, HDMI, VGA, 3-USB-2.0 and 1-USB 3.0. Mine came with a LICENSED version of Windows 7 Ultimate (even though it said on the site UNLICENSED). The PC is enclosed in an aluminum case and is well built. I actually sent the Seller an email and requested that he list a PC on Ebay with my desired configuration. He responded within about 8 hours and gave me a link to the listing. I used Ebay instead of Amazon because Ebay had free shipping and Amazon wanted about $35.00. I was a little apprehensive since the Ebay seller only had six (6) sales at the time, but I took a chance. The Ebay Seller is supposed by be the actual Qotom factory, as is the Amazon Seller. The package came DHL within five (5) days. I am considering an order for an additional PC soon.

Bob

Comment

It does have an industrial automation box look to it while concurrently being low powered and expandable. Wondering if the Windows 7 Ultimate provided is 64 bit or 32 bit?

There were similar concerns with the Windows 8.1 licensing on the PipoX7. Mine had license where as some of the ones sold had only a trial version. It was a package that included one year of Office 365. That piece is no longer on the PipoX7 after update to Windows 10. I wonder though if I could just use the licensing on it to get back the Office 365.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It does have an industrial automation box look to it while concurrently being low powered and expandable. Wondering if the Windows 7 Ultimate provided is 64 bit or 32 bit?

There were similar concerns with the Windows 8.1 licensing on the PipoX7. Mine had license where as some of the ones sold had only a trial version. It was a package that included one year of Office 365. That piece is no longer on the PipoX7 after update to Windows 10. I wonder though if I could just use the licensing on it to get back the Office 365.
          Pete,

It is 64 bit operating system. I would think that if you have the License Key for the Office 365 you should be able to use it on a new box. I once had to call MS to get a new key when I had a complete hard disk failure with no backups (oops). Once I finally got to talk to a person I was given a new key for my computer without any problem.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
            Just FYI, I purchased one of the Qotom mini PC's (see link below) to use as my Alarm Camera/Media PC. It works great. It came with Windows 7 Ultimate and I upgraded to Windows 10. It uses only 12 watts and has no fan so is quiet. The PC is plenty fast for what I do. I actually purchased mine with 4GB memory and a 500 GB HDD from ebay for $209.00 shipped - what a deal. This listing is no longer available on ebay, but was relisted for $232.00 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Qotom-m195d-20...0_SR160%2C160_

Bob
            Do you use this for HS? If so, do you think it's adequate for the job? I want to move HS to a dedicated device, but also want to keep it "snappy"

Comment

sirmeili,

I think that it would work fine for HS and would be plenty fast. I would use one of these for my system if I did not also use my HS PC for cameras. My BlueIris server is also on my HS box so I use an i7 PC.

Comment

I see some that have serial ports but not as strong. Does anyone see one with serial that had the same memory and proc?

Comment

I see some that have serial ports but not as strong. Does anyone see one with serial that had the same memory and proc?
                  Not exactly sure what you are looking for but, if you do not find the configuration you want you can use Ebay and email the Seller with your requirements and he will list the PC for you. You may also look at the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Business-...rds=qotom-q190

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X