Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rschein
    replied
    I use 3 ematic tablets ($29-$39) 7 inch and a dragon touch 9 inch ($49) around the house. Theu work reasonably well with HSTOUCH. I replaced the Homeseer HST which was a real disappointment. Might try this.

Leave a comment:

• damiene77
    replied
    So I was reading some reviews on this and came across one that seems to indicate you can actually install apps on the 50.00 fire from 3rd party sources. We all know everything on the interwebs is true so I think I may try it out for myself. The link to the review is below.

http://teleread.com/chris-meadows/fi...50-fire-tablet

Leave a comment:

• 45rogue
    replied
    anyone yet....???

Well, has anyone bit yet?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by damiene77 View Post
    Wouldnt it still allow 3rd party apps? Not necessarily downloaded from Google Play.
    Possibly but no one knows yet. We need a guinea pig to purchase one of these and test.

Leave a comment:

• damiene77
    replied
    Wouldnt it still allow 3rd party apps? Not necessarily downloaded from Google Play.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Good call Mike... That's too bad as I thought I had something.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    I'm not sure that is correct. This article implies that it will not support apps from Google Play, and it has very limited storage capability. It would probably be good to wait a bit to see if / how well it works as an Android device.
    Yea, this isn't the "old" Fire they are clearing out but rather a newer one that may or may not work.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Personally now that Amazon is joining the space race; I like the name Ama-zone (more than SpaceX) as it is more suited to the space race but still not even holding a candle to NASA these days.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    I'm not sure that is correct. This article implies that it will not support apps from Google Play, and it has very limited storage capability. It would probably be good to wait a bit to see if / how well it works as an Android device.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    started a topic Amazone Fire sale

Amazone Fire sale

Just to let you know, if you're looking for a 7 inch android tablet, the Amazon Fire is on sale starting today for $49.00. If' you've got a number of friends interested, you can get 6 of them for the price of 5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...G9_JL_Tab_Fire

Great for HStouch screens around the house.

Robert
Working...
X