Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Z-Stisk s2 backup and recovery

Hello
    I decided to replace z-stick s2 as it constantly disconnects and needs to be unplugged and plugged back to USB.
    Is there anywhere some full procedure written about how to backup old one and recover to new one?
    Shall i exclude it somewhere or i do not know what else. I have 67 nodes and would not want to add them again manually.

OK i will simplify the question Where is restore option in Homeseer fot Z-Stick s2?

Comment

http://www.homeseer.com/guides/Z-NET...tion-Guide.pdf

To back up z-wave network from z-stick follow step #2 in link above. You can only restore this back up file to a z-net and probably a z-smartstick.

Again, I think I said this in another post, but go for the z-net, cause if z-smartstick has a battery like the z-stick, in 4-5years you might have same problems as you are having with the z-stick now.
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Also if your z-stick is acting up just do a back up NOW, so that you have a copy of your z-wave network. Don't wait till your receive your z-net or smartstick to back up, do it now. My z-stick started acting up just like yours, then all of a sudden one day the z-stick was like a brick. I had to unplug it and a leave it unplugged for a 1-2 days, then I immediately plugged it in, did a immediate backup, and the z-stick died again. So back up while you can, cause this thing is gonna get bricked at some point.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma73 View Post
          OK i will simplify the question Where is restore option in Homeseer fot Z-Stick s2?
          It's possible to back up the Z-Stick with the latest versions of HS3. However, it's not possible to write that information back to a Z-Stick. However, we can write the information to these interfaces:

This video explains the procedure:

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you
            As i understand than there is no procedure to copy /clone Z-stick s2 to z-stick s2?

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma73 View Post
              Thank you
              As i understand than there is no procedure to copy /clone Z-stick s2 to z-stick s2?
              Correct. Why would you want to stay on the Z-Stick at this point? The new controllers are much better.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X