Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Help

Hello All,

I am building a house and looking at what system to use. I am currently a Smartthings user. I really like it but my family is losing patience with its reliability. I have looked at Control4, Crestron and Savant. It all looks very nice but I hate the thought of calling someone every time I need to make an adjustment. I was told about Homeseer and was curious how different things would be. I'm really interested in lighting control, camera integration and A/V. I also have lighting set up to help my daughter find her way around the house at night. From what I understand, Homeseer is very powerful. I have done some tinkering with Smartthings but most of the custom codes are provided by the community. Can anybody give me some info or advice on how HS works or how much you love it?

Thanks!

In terms of how it works then on its own HS will not do a lot, you need plugins to enable you to talk to the relevant interfaces (be they hardware interfaces like z-wave or software like xbmc, some are free some cost money) and HS essentially glues them all together so you can make these systems talk to each other (like turning off a zwave light when an xbmc movie starts).

It is a piece of software that needs some degree of time and patience to program to perform how you want. Of course as you program it then it can do what you want so it becomes extremely powerful but you may on occasion find it also frustrating.

Comment

adding to the above, hs is great but takes time, its not hard to do the basic things, if you have zwave and zwave devices your well on your way, doing more complex things isnt hard but can take time testing and refining your settings.
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Working...
      X