Fibaro Door Contact Status Reversed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Door Contact Status Reversed

I have a Fibaro Door / Window Sensor (FGK - 101?) and it has been working fine for many months. Then I noticed the status / value was showing as Open / 255 when the door is closed and Closed / 0 when its actually open. It appears the status has flipped and I don't know why. I can't confirm this but the other day I upgrade to version 3.0.0.206 and it was about that time I noticed this. At first I figured it was a bad battery and was just reporting the wrong status but today I checked it and found it is working fine just reversed. Any idea what happened? Has anyone seen this before? When I have some more time I will exclude it and reset it to see it that fixes it but I would like to know what happened first.

That is very bizarre! Of course, an easy way to get around this is to just change the status images/text for the device -- but I don't think that'll help you for any triggering done off events.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
      That is very bizarre! Of course, an easy way to get around this is to just change the status images/text for the device -- but I don't think that'll help you for any triggering done off events.
      I would prefer it to work as expected. Still don't know what caused this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
        I would prefer it to work as expected. Still don't know what caused this to happen.
        Do you have more than one of these? Or, a different door sensor?

I have a couple of Everspring sensors but haven't added them to the network yet. I can't imagine Homeseer treating Fibaro sensors differently than other brands, since at the end of the day, HS is looking at the type of the device. But I've seen stranger things.

That is, what I'm wondering if this is an issue for all sensors, just Fibaro sensors, or just *your* sensor (meaning that it would be defective).

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
          Do you have more than one of these? Or, a different door sensor?
          That is, what I'm wondering if this is an issue for all sensors, just Fibaro sensors, or just *your* sensor (meaning that it would be defective).
          This is the only Fibaro door sensor I am using at the moment. I do have several Aeotec ones that work fine. This one did as well to begin with. I just need to try and remove it and add it back in.

Comment

Works Now

OK I have no clue what is going on but now it is working again. Other than opening and closing the door (which I did many times trying to debug it) it now reports the correct status. I didn't get a chance to reset it as it is a pain to move a device stuck to the wall with double sticky tape and I hadn't got around to doing that step yet. It just fixed itself and I have no idea why or how. As long as it stays that way I am fine with that but I hope this isn't a bad pattern.

Comment

Working...
            X