Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipus,

1. The lock implementation works! Thanks.

2. I can use Siri when away from the house (over cell) and it works fine. Not sure how it's doing it but I DO have an AppleTV 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      i see the problem hehe , i figured it out ,

go to eve create rooms in your language : and add the accessory there (if its liningroom temperature , use only the name temperature , and put it in the room livingroom) so if u ask whats the livingroom temperature it works correct for all languages.

that is for all the devices , put them in rooms and use a short name .
      Good point. I also found that the way you ask makes a difference.

For example, I have a Room Called "Garage" and a temp sensor called "Temperature"

"What is the Garage Temperature?" - Does not work. Probably poor grammar anyhow. Siri is teaching me a lesson.

"What is the temperature in the Garage?" - Works

"Set the Living room Lights to 50 percent" - doesn't work
      "Dim the Living room lights to 50" - works.

A Lot of us are techies so our verbiage is probably unusual.

Comment

One bit of FYI for Raspberry Pi users:
        If you delete a folder node.js uses you could potentially end up with access/permission errors. I wanted to delete the Homebridge database so deleted the homebridge/persist directory and ended up having a lot of errors related to permissions. Spent a few hours trying to rectify it but issues still persisted. Ended up restoring the backup SD image to start fresh. So I would advise Pi users you to delete the files inside the persist directory rather than the entire persist directory.

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        I had this problem once... I think this can happen when you change accessory type or name, and that confuses the HomeKit database as the HomeKit identifier is based on the accessory type + name.

To fix it, you have to erase the HomeKit DB....

1) Go to IOS settings / HomeKit, delete the Home
        2) delete the homebridge/persist directory

Unfortunately you then have to recreate all rooms, and assign all accessories to rooms.

If I were you, I would first download/install HomeSeer platform V0.8 if you don't already have it, and for each HomeSeer event and HomeSeer accessory, add a "uuid_base:"some_unique_id" to the configuration.

This will then be easier in the future to change accessory type or name, without confusing HomeKit.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

the commands what u are showing all of them work here , in english and dutch , with no problem , i dont know why

What is the Garage Temperature? works here

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          Good point. I also found that the way you ask makes a difference.

For example, I have a Room Called "Garage" and a temp sensor called "Temperature"

"What is the Garage Temperature?" - Does not work. Probably poor grammar anyhow. Siri is teaching me a lesson.

"What is the temperature in the Garage?" - Works

"Set the Living room Lights to 50 percent" - doesn't work
          "Dim the Living room lights to 50" - works.

A Lot of us are techies so our verbiage is probably unusual.
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Interesting.

"What is the garage temperature?"
            "Sorry, Chris, I wasn't able to find any garage doors this time"

"What is the temperature in the garage" - Works fine.

The problem though, is that we cannot have two sensors called Temperature" in two different rooms as far as I know. It tells me they need to be unique names.

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
            the commands what u are showing all of them work here , in english and dutch , with no problem , i dont know why

What is the Garage Temperature? works here

Comment

The latest HomeSeer platform for Homebridge is available from the GitHub repository. Same version as 0.9.4 posted here, with locks and GarageDoorOpeners support.

I'm going to map the security system next....
              --
              stipus

Comment

there must be a way to bypass it to connect outside of your network ...

without a apple tv... and its possible

found this on the web :

"HomeKit also now works remotely even without an Apple TV at home, thanks to a new dedicated iCloud service that makes that secure and that accessory makers have access to for free. Bluetooth Low Energy accessories can also now send notifications to you device, and Apple has introduced a number of new device categories including window coverings, doors and windows, alarm systems, sensors (including air quality and motion, among others), and programmable switches."

Comment

Here is HomeSeer platform for HomeBridge V0.10.1

- Added support for security systems (arm/disarm).

Sample configuration:

PHP Code:
                              {

"ref":230,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference of a Security System

"type":"SecuritySystem",        // Required for a security system

"name":"Home alarm",            // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"armedStayValues":[0],          // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-STAY

"armedAwayValues":[1],          // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-AWAY

"armedNightValues":[2],         // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-NIGHT

"disarmedValues":[3],           // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=DISARMED

"alarmValues":[4],              // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ALARM

"armStayValue":0,               // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in stay mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system

"armAwayValue":1,               // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in away mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system

"armNightValue":2,              // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in night mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system

"disarmValue":3                 // Required - HomeSeer device control value to disarm security system

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING IF THIS GETS HACKED !!!

*EDIT* Attachement removed as a new version is available
                  Last edited by stipus; October 16, 2015, 10:11 AM.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Here is HomeSeer platform for HomeBridge platform V0.10.2

Changes:
                    - Added support for Window
                    - Added support for WindowCovering

Sample configuration (same for Door, Window, and WindowCovering)

PHP Code:
                                {

"ref":240,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference for a door - HomeSeer values must go from 0 (closed) to 100 (open)

"type":"Door",                  // Required for a Door

"name":"Main door"              // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

This platform nearly supports all HomeKit types:

- Lightbulb (can_dim, onValue, offValue options)
                    - Fan (onValue, offValue options)
                    - Switch (onValue, offValue options)
                    - Outlet (onValue, offValue options)
                    - Thermostat (temperatureUnit, setPoint, state, control options)
                    - TemperatureSensor (temperatureUnit=C|F)
                    - HumiditySensor (HomeSeer device value in % - batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - LightSensor (HomeSeer device value in Lux - batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - ContactSensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - MotionSensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - LeakSensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - OccupancySensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - SmokeSensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - CarbonMonoxideSensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - CarbonDioxideSensor (onValues, batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                    - Battery (batteryThreshold option)
                    - GarageDoorOpener (state, control, obstruction, lock options)
                    - Lock (unsecured, secured, jammed options)
                    - SecuritySystem (arm, disarm options)
                    - Door
                    - Window
                    - WindowCovering

*EDIT* Attachement removed as a new version is available
                    Last edited by stipus; October 16, 2015, 11:04 AM.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

wow u are just amazing !!!

again many THANKS for doing this and updating !!!!!

is this possible now :
                      i have a virtual device in homeseer , i can only select 1 or 2 , 1 it set my devices in menu 1 and 2 in menu 2 , what type is the best to use ?

Changes:

PHP Code:
                                  {

"ref":240,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference for a door - HomeSeer values must go from 0 (closed) to 100 (open)

"name":"Main door"              // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

- HumiditySensor (HomeSeer device value in % - batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                      - LightSensor (HomeSeer device value in Lux - batteryRef, batteryThreshold options)
                      - Door
                      - Window
                      - WindowCovering
                      Last edited by Malosa; October 16, 2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Changes:

PHP Code:
                                    {

- Door
                        - Window
                        - WindowCovering

Stipus

I have been following this thread with enthusiasm and hope to have a while to get this going this weekend. Looks amazing what you have achieved in such a short time

I was wondering whether it might be worth adding a closed release thread to: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=632 where folks could be directed to pick-up the latest and greatest version along with the change-log and instructions etc. You could leave the discussion thread here and reference the release thread as necessary. It then makes it easier to find the current version and related documentation. Just my humble opinion

Cheers and thanks again
                        James
                        cheeryfool

Comment

HomeSeer Platform for HomeBridge V0.10.3

- Added obstruction support to doors, windows and windows coverings

Sample config (same for Door, Window and WindowCovering):

PHP Code:
                                      {

"name":"Main door",             // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"obstructionRef":241,           // Optional - HomeSeer device reference for your door obstruction state (can be the same as ref)

"obstructionValues":[1]         // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit obstruction state=OBSTRUCTION

*EDIT* Attachement removed as a new version is available.
                          Last edited by stipus; November 2, 2015, 03:44 PM.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

stipus - You rock, this is amazing

I have about 50 devices (lights, switches, outlets, garage) working perfectly
                            on Windows 10 now (thanks ewillems)

feature request:
                            I have an audio matrix and video matrix which I have created button devices for changing sources, is there a way we can incorporate multiple values in an accessory

example
                            Office TV ref:96
                            DirecTV1 value:1
                            DirecTV2 value:2
                            DirecTV3 value:3
                            ROKU value:4

The below works but can only switch between 1 and 4 with off/on
                            {
                            "ref": 96,
                            "type": "Switch",
                            "name": "Office Video",
                            "onValue": 4,
                            "offValue": 1
                            }

Was looking for solution or ideal about how to handle

Thanks for all the great work in such a short time (blown away at speed)
                            Steven G

Comment

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

I juist wanted to add my window and doorsensors. However, in homeseer I am using Visonic sensors to detect whether doors are open with other vakjes than 0..100. For example open=1 and closed=2. Is it possible to have openValue and closedValue parameters to translate these values, just like with lightbulb etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by petermdevries; October 16, 2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

everyone, be careful with the latest git repo. It just broke by install with this error:

PHP Code:
                                Loading 2 platforms...
                                [
                                ThermostatInitializing Nest platform...
                                [
                                ThermostatFetching Nest devices.
                                [
                                HomeSeerInitializing HomeSeer platform...
                                [
                                HomeSeerFetching HomeSeer devices.
                                Loading 0 accessories...
                                [
                                HomeSeerHomeSeer status function succeeded!
                                [
                                HomeSeerInitializing platform accessory 'Garage Door Opener'...
                                /
                                home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Service.js:38

if (!UUID) throw new Error("Services must be created with a valid UUID.");
                                                   ^
                                ErrorServices must be created with a valid UUID.

at new Service (/home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Service.js:38:20)

at parseServiceJSON (/home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/AccessoryLoader.js:114:17)

at /home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/AccessoryLoader.js:63:19
                                    at 
                                Array.forEach (native)

at Object.parseAccessoryJSON (/home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/AccessoryLoader.js:62:17)

at createAccessory (/home/chris/homebridge/app.js:153:28)

at /home/chris/homebridge/app.js:132:27
                                    at 
                                /home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/HAP-NodeJS/lib/util/once.js:15:19
                                    at Object
                                .<anonymous> (/home/chris/homebridge/platforms/HomeSeer.js:278:17)

at Request._callback (/home/chris/homebridge/platforms/HomeSeer.js:229:7
                                I rolled back to stipus's commit via
                                PHP Code:
                                git reset --hard c22c145
                                npm install
                                replaced HomeSeer
                                .js and all is well

Comment

Working...
                                X