No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The current HomeSeer platform for Homebridge is for HS3 only.

However, I don't think too much work is necessary to convert it to HS2.

You have to change all HS3 native JSON URLs to HS2 JSON URLs, and install the JSON plugin for HS2.

Unfortunately, I don't have HS2 anymore ... And can't do it.
    --
    stipus

Comment

hi tomtom

i did with the uuid like stipus said here
      http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=342
      i use names instead of numbers

and with pushbullet , check under my description there is the beta plugin ,

i just created a scene with the name : whats on my tv (like that)

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      Malosa, so what does your uuid for office temperature device look like? Officetemperature or office temperature. I haven't been using uuid so far but I like this idea for organization.

Also what's on my tv- how exactly are you getting your TV guide into pushbullet( I'm assuming this is just like push for iOS)
      TIA

Sent from my iPhone
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I just set the uuid to the device reference from HS, that way I guessed that you will only ever have one reference so it should remain unique.

Pity remote access does not work unless you have an Apple TV - anyone know any tricks or workarounds that get it to work? Something like some type of VPN (I don't know what that involves though) to make it think it is on your LAN?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I just set the uuid to the device reference from HS, that way I guessed that you will only ever have one reference so it should remain unique.
          Using the HomeSeer reference as the unique ID (base_uuid parameter) is a good idea, as long as you do not use the same HomeSeer device for multiple HomeKit accessories.

One of the board users has a zwave HomeSeer sensor that is both a smoke sensor and a carbon monoxide sensor.
          The HomeSeer device values are something like:
          0 = no problem
          1 = carbon monoxide detected
          2 = smoke detected

This means he has to setup 2 HomeKit accessories (one smoke sensor, and one carbon monoxide sensor), using the same HomeSeer reference, and of course different settings for the 'onValues' parameters...
          Last edited by stipus; October 20, 2015, 10:16 AM.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
            Using the HomeSeer reference as the unique ID (base_uuid parameter) is a good idea, as long as you do not use the same HomeSeer device for multiple HomeKit accessories.

One of the board users has a zwave HomeSeer sensor that is both a smoke sensor and a carbon monoxide sensor.
            The HomeSeer device values are something like:
            0 = no problem
            1 = carbon monoxide detected
            2 = smoke detected

This means he has to setup 2 HomeKit accessories (one smoke sensor, and one carbon monoxide sensor), using the same HomeSeer reference, and of course different settings for the 'onValues' parameters...
            Yes I guess I forgot about those particular scenarios! My multi level sensors which I do use have separate devices but would imagine that there are devices that can cross the two.

I was wondering whether or not I should look at creating some sort of web page that might make this sort of config easier to generate the JSON file rather than by hand? That would give people an easier ride, but then again an I wonder if creating an extremely basic plugin that could run the Node.JS server, with the device config tabs to add them to HomeKit and generate the JSON file would be a reasonably useful thing?

Comment

Events

I'm having problems with Siri running events..
              Any chance of a list of all the steps?
              I've added to the config.json and got the ON OFF device which does run the event, but the Siri commands just don't work.
              There must be something I've missed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

J

Comment

Adam,
                Your ideas would make it easier for new users for sure. It is very careful and time consuming work you have to do when getting all the devices you want into the config file. You really have got to want Siri to take the time to write it all out. I've only done lights and temp right now. EVents when I get more time.

Yes I guess I forgot about those particular scenarios! My multi level sensors which I do use have separate devices but would imagine that there are devices that can cross the two.

I was wondering whether or not I should look at creating some sort of web page that might make this sort of config easier to generate the JSON file rather than by hand? That would give people an easier ride, but then again an I wonder if creating an extremely basic plugin that could run the Node.JS server, with the device config tabs to add them to HomeKit and generate the JSON file would be a reasonably useful thing?

Sent from my iPhone
                Tom
                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                  I'm having problems with Siri running events..
                  Any chance of a list of all the steps?
                  I've added to the config.json and got the ON OFF device which does run the event, but the Siri commands just don't work.
                  There must be something I've missed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

J
                  You should create a HomeKit scene (most HomeKit IOS apps support creating HomeKit scenes), with a single action that runs the event.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

I'm not sure you should create a web page to generate the config file. Why ? Because homebridge is a work in progress, and as far as I know (by reading the Homebridge roadmap) there is a good chance the config file format changes in the near future...

And there is also a full HomeKit plugin for HomeSeer coming from one of the board users. What is Homebridge ? it's Siri support for the impatient...
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                      You should create a HomeKit scene (most HomeKit IOS apps support creating HomeKit scenes), with a single action that runs the event.

Ah ok thought so, I did do that last night but wasn't sure. The thing that is confusing things is that one of my test events does run and I haven't added a homekit event with EVE.
                      "Downstairs lights on"
                      It's probably running the event for other reasons then.
                      One thing I have noticed is I just cannot get my lounge temperature out of Siri with anything other than "list lounge temperature", and I'm sure at the beginning "what's my lounge temperature" worked?
                      Early days for for HomeKit / Siri I guess, I'll keep having a play.
                      Thanks for sharing this, much appreciated!

Cheers
                      J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                        Ah ok thought so, I did do that last night but wasn't sure. The thing that is confusing things is that one of my test events does run and I haven't added a homekit event with EVE.
                        "Downstairs lights on"
                        It's probably running the event for other reasons then.
                        One thing I have noticed is I just cannot get my lounge temperature out of Siri with anything other than "list lounge temperature", and I'm sure at the beginning "what's my lounge temperature" worked?
                        Early days for for HomeKit / Siri I guess, I'll keep having a play.
                        Thanks for sharing this, much appreciated!

Cheers
                        J

Siri get smarter as it is used more. As Stipus noted, there really aren't that many people using Homekit yet as there are so few real products. That means that there is a limited pool of experience Siri has so far. I hope it will get better.

It worked better for me following Malosa's advice to simply name it "temperature" and put it in a HK room called "Office", then I can say "what is the temperature in the office." My problem is that any variation from that poll all of the thermostats in the house and gives me an average. That is a cool feature, but not what I want (and some of the thermostats don;t monitor rooms).

Comment

hi Askme ,

i see when u ask u get the average temp of that room , thats because u dont have put the sensors in a seperate room , that problem i had before .

i can ask now , what is the temperature in the office , or what is the office temperature , try that.

Office is the room , temperature the device , do in that order.

the List command is different don't use it to much because siri gonna remember that for a default question.

Originally posted by askme View Post
                          Siri get smarter as it is used more. As Stipus noted, there really aren't that many people using Homekit yet as there are so few real products. That means that there is a limited pool of experience Siri has so far. I hope it will get better.

It worked better for me following Malosa's advice to simply name it "temperature" and put it in a HK room called "Office", then I can say "what is the temperature in the office." My problem is that any variation from that poll all of the thermostats in the house and gives me an average. That is a cool feature, but not what I want (and some of the thermostats don;t monitor rooms).

Comment

Krumpy, I'm using it with homeseer2 but in order to get status I had to install HS3 and use Jon00's plugin (Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 Connector) that mirrors devices, I just did this to test it, like you I'm not fully committed to switching to HS3.
                            I'm only using it to mirror my thermostat and alarm system status.
                            Then I use the http shim with home bridge to actually control devices directly to Homeseer 2.

You have to install the tenHsServer from here http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsServer/default.aspx

here's an example from my config file.......

{
                            "accessory": "Http",
                            "name": "Kitchen Light",
                            "on_url": "http://192.168.1.100/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx?t=ab&f=DeviceOn&d=A1",
                            "off_url": "http://192.168.1.100/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx?t=ab&f=DeviceOff&d=A1",
                            "brightness_url": "http://192.168.1.100/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx?t=ab&f=ExecX10&d=A1&a=Dim&s=%b",
                            "http_method": "GET",
                            "uuid_base":"kitchen"

},

I'm using an x10 device with an address of A1 for the example.

If anyone on here can re-write the homeseer.js file to talk to HS2 with the tenHsServer plugin that would be awesome.

Comment

why u don't use the older version ?
                              it works like you are showing ...
                              then u dont need to enter hs3 server as platform.

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
                              Krumpy, I'm using it with homeseer2 but in order to get status I had to install HS3 and use Jon00's plugin (Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 Connector) that mirrors devices, I just did this to test it, like you I'm not fully committed to switching to HS3.
                              I'm only using it to mirror my thermostat and alarm system status.
                              Then I use the http shim with home bridge to actually control devices directly to Homeseer 2.

You have to install the tenHsServer from here http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsServer/default.aspx

here's an example from my config file.......

{
                              "name": "Kitchen Light",
                              "on_url": "http://192.168.1.100/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx?t=ab&f=DeviceOn&d=A1",
                              "off_url": "http://192.168.1.100/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx?t=ab&f=DeviceOff&d=A1",
                              "brightness_url": "http://192.168.1.100/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx?t=ab&f=ExecX10&d=A1&a=Dim&s=%b",
                              "http_method": "GET",
                              "uuid_base":"kitchen"

},

I'm using an x10 device with an address of A1 for the example.

If anyone on here can re-write the homeseer.js file to talk to HS2 with the tenHsServer plugin that would be awesome.

Comment

This method doesn't give me status. Unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X