Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current State?

Folks, while I started this thread a long time ago, I admit to having been distracted with real life for a bit.

What is the current state of HomeKit integration options? It would seem that HomeBridge is the answer, but are there multiple solutions still out there? I see Stipus/Rien, jrhubott, other older ones like Frangle (sp?), etc. I see the Homeseer Plug-in for Homebridge, but also plug-ins into HomeSeer. Has most development coalesced around the Homebridge plugin?

Thanks

Comment

Only a short (good) message:
      I've been setting up a second WIFI network (5 GHz) only for my ipad.
      I renamed the SSID to an unique name without umlauts or special
      charakters. (only a...z and 0...9).
      My issues went away until now !
      Thanks for all !

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
        Only a short (good) message:
        I've been setting up a second WIFI network (5 GHz) only for my ipad.
        I renamed the SSID to an unique name without umlauts or special
        charakters. (only a...z and 0...9).
        My issues went away until now !
        Thanks for all !

Fischi
        Fischi

What do you mean by setting up a second WIFI network. Do you mean a second router or the same router broadcasting 2 signals. I have a similar issue than you. My app would show devices not responding instead of not connected. I have been testing for the past week with using app only and no Siri. When the app opens sometimes I briefly see updating then the status and sometimes updating and no response. I don't have to reset anything, just wait a little while and re open the app and everything is fine. Currently my router is broadcasting 2 signals. One of them is 5g and both seem to give me the same issue. The 5G signal does have - in the name. I have opened the app from work a few times and never got the not responding from work. This could point to my WIFI at home. Could having the - in the name really affect this? Haven't figured out how to change the name. My last resort was to bridge my router/modem and use another router to see if it would help.

I started playing with Siri to control Homeseer a year ago and was really exited at the time but have yet to be successful

Comment

Hi Freeon,
          I have one router (Fritz.box) which works on both frequencies 2,4 and 5 ghz since yesterday, before I had only used 2,4 ghz frequency.
          I've read that the Ios devices don't want special characters like !, - ........ in the SSID of the router.
          I've had a ! in the SSID of my 2,4 ghz and there have been the same issues like you described.
          Now I have a "normal" SSID name on 5 ghz SSID connected to my ipad and it runs, today I've seen
          no issues all day long.
          I don't know if it is related to my 2,4 to 5 ghz or the SSID without special
          characters or both but now it seems to run !

Regards,
          Fischi

Comment

Fischi

Thanks for the info however this did not fix the issue for me. I believe it did point me in the right direction. A few hours after I changed the SSID name and remove the "-" I got the device not responding again so I turned off the WIFI on my phone and only use phone itself and have not seen the not responding since. It's only been 12 hours but if it keeps this way it does indeed point to my network beeing the source of my issue. I found a post on mac forum last night that someone had some bonjour disconnect issue and it was due to using 2 routers in his network which I do have also. Still got some testing to do an need to figure out how to set up my network properly but hopefully I can finally get this working.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
              I published a npm package homebridge-homeseer-plugin. It contains updates for correct target status.

I'm also working on a true status plugin that get notifications of status changes from a homeseer JSON notification plugin. The homebridge plugin registers with the homeseer plugin to get realtime notification of changes. I hope to have this published in the next couple of weeks.
              This sounds awesome! Any update on the availability?

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                This sounds awesome! Any update on the availability?

Still working on it. The polling version works really good for me so I haven't spent the time I need to finish the new version.

I'm adding motion and door sensors know though and they will need notification support. Hopefully have something in two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Siri integration with Homeseer HS2

Hi all, this is somewhat off-topic but could be useful to some folks like myself.
                  I bought HS3 Pro upgrade, however I'm still on HS2 Pro. The reason is that I have over 600 devices and over 600 events plus 150 custom scripts and I don't dare to bite the bullet on migration from HS2 to HS3.
                  Instead I'm investing in a software project to make Siri available in HS2. We do have first results already. Siri can control now devices and events and reports status as well. Far from finished and nothing is guaranteed but feel free to contact me if you are interested hs@litmath.com

Cheers

Risquare

Comment

I keep seeing updating on the home app as per below picture. This is happening often. Sometimes it's only for a split second and sometimes it can last for 10-20 second maybe longer. Most times it eventual updates an I can control my devices. Sometimes after a while it says no response. I just have to wait a few minutes and then they come back. So what ends up happening is when I give a command to SIRI she just says "i didn't hear back form your devices". If I open the app immediately after she says that this is what I see on the app. Any idea what could be causing this?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I see this occasionally. I think it is due to dead spots in my wifi coverage in the house.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Mmmm. I've found that the first time I use Siri for a while, the command doesn't always work first time. If issue it again, it works, as if some part of the software (not sure which bit) refreshes. I don't use the my home app so haven't seen the updating thing, but it could be a similar issue.

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                          I see this occasionally. I think it is due to dead spots in my wifi coverage in the house.

Steve Q

I have been monitoring the wifi signal for the past hour and it never dropped below 60Mbps. And I'm still experiencing the updating in the app. I also tried with Fraggel plugin and get the same results, however I did noticed something in the log when debug is on so will post in his forum to see if anyone can shed light on it.

Comment

I have excellent signal strength throughout my house except for one small area. Wifi sometimes does not work in that area. I avoid that area if possible.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

After numerous tests and numerous research I believe finally to have found the problem of stopping the homebridge! It comes into conflict with teamviewer! And the HSSentry! Deactivate the 2 and you will see that the homebridge no longer stops! I have to install ultravnc and it does not give any problem! Thank you for making me follow your test!

Comment

Dear god, I can't make heads or tails of how to make this work. Does anyone have a current wiki or something? There are so many different methods discussed in this thread I can't seem to make it work.

Running it on an ubuntu VM. Got homebridge installed. Installed homebridge-homeseer and changed my config.json however when I tried to run homebridge it threw errors.

PHP Code:
                                TypeErrorCannot read property 'length' of undefined
                                    at Object
                                .HomeSeerPlatform.accessories (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer/index.js:247:48)

at Server._loadPlatformAccessories (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:354:20)

at Server._loadPlatforms (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:298:16)

at Server.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:80:36)

at module.exports (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:40:10)

at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)

at Module._compile (module.js:410:26)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:417:10)

at Module.load (module.js:344:32)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:301:12

Comment

Working...
                                X