No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I loaded jayman's files into the tool, and can replicate the problem. I haven't had time to look into fixing it though. I'll try to fix it on Tuesday.

Comment

I just uploaded a new version. If this one runs into trouble, it will give you the reference ID of device causing trouble and continue building the config file.

Here it is - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...ThDbTRsOHJRRjg (same link as before).

@jayman, this new one should generate the config file for you. Hopefully, it'll work for others as well. If not, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jezza View Post
        hey Jumper4000
        That would be great if you can get it working. Do you know by any chance if the Raspberry Pi plugin will work at the same time? I've had a go of installing it but haven't got it working yet and it seems to stop me being able to shh into it.
        Thanks
        I'll add temperature sensors shortly. I'm using Raspberry Pi Jessie Lite as the base of this image. I'm not familiar w the RPi plugin, but I don't see why it shouldn't work. You should be able to SSH into it though, I used Putty and it works fine.

Comment

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
          I'll add temperature sensors shortly. I'm using Raspberry Pi Jessie Lite as the base of this image. I'm not familiar w the RPi plugin, but I don't see why it shouldn't work. You should be able to SSH into it though, I used Putty and it works fine.

Thanks. I just installed homebridge the old fashion way as your image wasn't working for me. Mine is an arm6? processor and I think that changes how nodejs has to be installed. Also, on all versions now the default is ssh is off and one has to turn it on manually. You can do it with a keyboard and type raspi-cinfig or without a keyboard using this method: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/a-s...aspbian-pixel/
          Last edited by jayman13; May 29, 2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Mine did show a ref ID of the device causing a problem but did not go on to generate a config file. The device is a motion sensor which is considered "Z-Wave Switch Multilevel" and I think therein lies the problem.

Comment

I just uploaded a new version. If this one runs into trouble, it will give you the reference ID of device causing trouble and continue building the config file.

Here it is - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...ThDbTRsOHJRRjg (same link as before).

@jayman, this new one should generate the config file for you. Hopefully, it'll work for others as well. If not, please let me know.
              This version found the device that the error was causing the issue. For some reason one of root dimmable devices had it's Device Type String set to the same as the actual dimmable device.

After fixing it, the file was generated.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

Comment

I have a zwave fan switch. I added it with your HomeKit plugin as a light switch that can dim. However when I try to adjust it it only stays at 100 percent or 23 percent. I see the option is fan(partial). Last time I did a partial thing it messed up everything. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                  I have a zwave fan switch. I added it with your HomeKit plugin as a light switch that can dim. However when I try to adjust it it only stays at 100 percent or 23 percent. I see the option is fan(partial). Last time I did a partial thing it messed up everything. Thoughts?
                  So, I can no longer see the homebridge in home kit. I have done all the things mentioned in other chats and forums (port, name, ID) as well as uninstall and re-install bonjour, homebridge, homebridge-homeseer-plugin, nod.js, etc. I cannot get apple home kit to see the home bridge to install anymore. I am at a total loss and looking for some help from this community. please advise what else I can do to try and get my S6 to use the Raspberry PI3 as the home bridge to support home kit integration.

Comment

Originally posted by supergolfstick View Post
                    So, I can no longer see the homebridge in home kit. I have done all the things mentioned in other chats and forums (port, name, ID) as well as uninstall and re-install bonjour, homebridge, homebridge-homeseer-plugin, nod.js, etc. I cannot get apple home kit to see the home bridge to install anymore. I am at a total loss and looking for some help from this community. please advise what else I can do to try and get my S6 to use the Raspberry PI3 as the home bridge to support home kit integration.

Have you tried completely deleting your home from apple home kit and then associating. Also, there is a persist folder I think by the config file on the pi that if deleted helps some people...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                      Have you tried completely deleting your home from apple home kit and then associating. Also, there is a persist folder I think by the config file on the pi that if deleted helps some people...
                      I have done all of this and still cannot get homebridge to be detected in app

Comment

Originally posted by supergolfstick View Post
                        I have done all of this and still cannot get homebridge to be detected in app

Have you placed the data of your config file in https://jsonlint.com/ If the json is messed up homebridge won't work.

Comment

Anyone get there garagedooropener working correctly? It seems like it doesn't work right and often the homekit app will say "opening" or "closing" when in fact it is closed or opened. I have triple checked my values regarding open and closed to no avail.

Comment

Being the fact that this thread is 40 pages long where does one go to read where the current state and implementation instructions are?
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                              Being the fact that this thread is 40 pages long where does one go to read where the current state and implementation instructions are?
                              See if my solution here will work for you - https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=768

Maybe I'll make a new thread, so people can find it easier.
                              Last edited by jumper4000; June 1, 2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                                I think depending on the garage opener/plugin you have, you might need to manually add additional status numbers to your json.config file. Look at this example -

{
                                "ref": 196,
                                "type": "GarageDoorOpener",
                                "name": "Garage",
                                "stateRef": 196,
                                "statusUpdateCount": 15,
                                "stateOpenValues": [
                                1, 100
                                ],
                                "stateClosedValues": [
                                2, 200
                                ],
                                "controlRef": 196,
                                "controlOpenValue": 100,
                                "controlCloseValue": 200
                                }

Notice how for "stateOpenValues" I have 1, 100 and for stateClosedValues I have 2, 200. I use the MyQ garage plugin, so those values work for me, but you can obtain yours by clicking on your device, and then click on "Status Graphics".

By the way, were you ever able to get my tool to generate your json? I used the files you sent me to fix this new version, so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X