Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Speakers: I'm using Itunes daap to control music playing music through multiple airplay speakers. Itunes daap creates HS3 "sliders"for controlling the volume level of each individual itunes airplay speaker.

Just incorporate these into config.json : in the section "accessories": [

{
    "accessory": "Http",
    "name": "XXX speakers",
    "on_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=43&value=35",
    "off_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=43&value=0",
    "brightness_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=43&value=%b",
    "http_method": "GET"
    },

Where I stated that the On value should be 35!! When you tell Siri to turn on a speaker (or all speakers) it won't set them to 100% volume! And you can say, Siri set the XXX speakers to 45, and the volume output will be 45% volume. Works like a charm.

For kicking-off events I use this: (also in accessories):

{
    "name": "Kitchen",
    "on_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=runevent&group=Kitchen&name=on-siri",
    "off_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=runevent&group=Kitchen&name=off-siri",
    },

Just make an event that turns on/off all lighting in the kitchen. Just replace the variables on both..

Using the insteon+ app on my iphone6s (free app)/ No need to do any configuring to the app, just connect to the homebridge, don't make any rooms or others named stuff in the app (all self made rooms will be added to the siri homekit database, so if you make a room kitchten in the app, and also declare kitchen in the config.json, you will have an issue, the app will override the config.json and the homebridge will also crash.

Upside of using this way is that you don't have to manually edit each device that starts using siri& homebridge, because all logic is in the config.json..server side instead of client side.

Hope this helps!

Have been using siri for a week now on a Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS, great fun.

Regards, Valkilane

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    What additional devices types does HomeKit support?

* Shades? Up/Down/Stop

* Thermostat: Is this just for changing temp or can one change t-stat mode as well (Off, fan on/fan auto/heat/cool)?

* Scenes? I understand that HomeKit supports creation of scenes. But is there a ability to publish HS Events as scenes to HomeKit?

* Speaker control? I suppose it could be a switch device?

* It would be really nice to have a script that would export all of the HS devices and events (if possible) out of HomeSeer into a CONFIG.JSON file. Instead of manually creating the file, it would just dump out all of the devices with the respective reference id which then we could edit to take out all unnecessary devices.

Comment

The HomeSeer platform only reads the value.
      There must be a bug somewhere in the code...

Try to redownload the latest version of HomeSeer.js from the following URL:
      https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...ms/HomeSeer.js
      --
      stipus

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
        Anybody know how I might add the nest platform when you have 2 thermostats?

When I add:

{
        "platform" : "Nest",
        "name" : "Nest",
        "username" : "username",
        "password" : "password"
        },

I get this error:

[Nest] Initializing platform accessory 'Nest'...
        [Nest] Initializing platform accessory 'Nest'...

/root/homebridge/node_modules/HAP-NodeJS/lib/Accessory.js:164
        throw new Error("Cannot add a bridged Accessory with the same UUID as an
        Try to change the name property.

Homebridge creates UUID from names.
        Same name --> same UUID
        --
        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by Valkilane View Post
          Hi,

Speakers: I'm using Itunes daap to control music playing music through multiple airplay speakers. Itunes daap creates HS3 "sliders"for controlling the volume level of each individual itunes airplay speaker.

Just incorporate these into config.json : in the section "accessories": [

{
          "name": "XXX speakers",
          "on_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=43&value=35",
          "off_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=43&value=0",
          "brightness_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=43&value=%b",
          },

Where I stated that the On value should be 35!! When you tell Siri to turn on a speaker (or all speakers) it won't set them to 100% volume! And you can say, Siri set the XXX speakers to 45, and the volume output will be 45% volume. Works like a charm.
          You can also use the HomeSeer platform, and set the parameter onValue to 35

{
          "ref":43,
          "name":"Bedroom speaker",
          "onValue":35
          },

For kicking-off events I use this: (also in accessories):

{
          "name": "Kitchen",
          "on_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=runevent&group=Kitchen&name=on-siri",
          "off_url": "http://192.168.1.3/JSON?request=runevent&group=Kitchen&name=off-siri",
          },

Just make an event that turns on/off all lighting in the kitchen. Just replace the variables on both..
          I'm soon going to add event support to the HomeSeer platform.
          I'm still thinking. I may also add a "type" parameter for each event.... because SIRI uses a different vocabulary (according to the HomeKit type) to trigger the event. This may be useful...
          --
          stipus

Comment

Steps,

Wonderful work here. This is quickly obsoleting HSTouch for me with the added bonus of Siri Integration.

Looks like the available service types are below. I was disappointed to not see speakers but I can get by with a lightbulb device. Also surprising is that there is no watts, volts or kwHr defined in HomeKit yet the Eve app supports them but that may be a proprietary hack.

PHP Code:
            Accessory Service Types
            The following Service Types are available via the HMServiceType enum
            :

AccessoryInformation Provides information about the given home automation device (accessory).
            AirQualitySensor Defines an air quality sensor.
            Battery Defines the state of an accessory's battery.
            CarbonDioxideSensor - Defines a carbon Dioxide Sensor.
            CarbonMonoxideSensor - Defines a Carbon Monoxide Sensor.
            ContactSensor - Defines a contact sensor (such as a window being opened or closed).
            Door - Defines a door state sensor (such as opened or closed).
            Fan - Defines a remote controlled fan.
            GarageDoorOpener - Defines a garage door opener.
            HumiditySensor - Defines a humidity sensor.
            LeakSensor - Defines a leak sensor (like for a hot water heater or washing machine).
            LightBulb - Defines a stand alone light or a light that is part of another accessory (like a garage door opener).
            LightSensor - Defines a light sensor.
            LockManagement - Defines a service that manages an automated door lock.
            LockMechanism - Defines a remote controlled lock (like a door lock).
            MotionSensor - Defines a motion sensor.
            OccupancySensor - Defines an occupancy sensor.
            Outlet - Defines a remote controlled wall outlet.
            SecuritySystem - Defines a home security system.
            StatefulProgrammableSwitch - Defines a programmable switch that remains in a give state once triggered (like a flip switch).
            StatelessProgrammableSwitch - Defines a programmable switch that returns to its initial state after being triggered (like a push button).
            SmokeSensor - Defines a smoke sensor.
            Switch - Defines an on/off switch like a standard wall switch.
            TemperatureSensor - Defines a temperature sensor.
            Thermostat - Defines a smart thermostat used to control an HVAC system.
            Window - Defines an automated window that cane be remotely opened or closed.
            WindowCovering - Defines a remotely controlled window covering, like blinds that can be opened or closed. 
            I'd love to see Battery, Fan, HumiditySensor, Light Sensor, Lock Management and LockMechanism. I don't have any Window shades but I'm sure others do.

Perhaps StatelessProgrammableSwitch and StatefulProgrammableSwitch could be used to fire events instead?

Comment

Temperature

Hi Stipus

Having troubles getting Siri to announce the temp;

Output:

Accessory [RC Homebridge] Getting value for Characteristic "Current Temperature" +0ms
              [HomeSeer] HomeSeer get temperature function succeeded: value=17.72222222222222
              Accessory [RC Homebridge] Got Characteristic "Current Temperature" value: 17.72222222222222 +7ms
              EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] Muting event '21.8' notification for this connection since it originated here. +1ms
              EventedHTTPServer [fe80::f9:2535:ad0a:6c21] Sending HTTP event '21.8' with data: {"characteristics":[{"aid":21,"iid":8,"value":17.72222222222222}]} +0ms
              EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] HTTP Repsonse is finished +0ms
              EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] HTTP request: /characteristics?id=24.8 +16s
              HAPServer [AC:22:3D:E3:6S:39] HAP Request: GET /characteristics?id=24.8 +0ms
              Accessory [RC Homebridge] Getting value for Characteristic "Current Temperature" +0ms
              [HomeSeer] HomeSeer get temperature function succeeded: value=20.17
              Accessory [RC Homebridge] Got Characteristic "Current Temperature" value: 20.17 +6ms
              EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] HTTP Repsonse is finished +1ms

homebridge is able to get the values but Siri seems to be unable to pronounce them; simply says "sorry i can't do that"

Any ideas? maybe there are to many decimals to correctly announce the temp?

Thanks!

Comment

I've attached the device status for Garage Door Sensors, Light lux sensors, humidity and Locks. Any chance these can be added?

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Light Sensor type is already included in the HomeSeer platform.

The supported list is currently the following:

- Lightbulb (can_dim, onValue, offValue options)
                  - Fan (onValue, offValue options)
                  - Switch (onValue, offValue options)
                  - Outlet (onValue, offValue options)
                  - TemperatureSensor (temperatureUnit=C|F)
                  - Thermostat (temperatureUnit, setPoint, state, control options)
                  - ContactSensor
                  - MotionSensor
                  - LeakSensor
                  - LightSensor
                  - OccupancySensor
                  - SmokeSensor

Adding HumiditySensor will be very easy. I think it'll be ready in a few minutes...

I'm going to work on doors/windows/windows coverings/locks.... thank you for your sample HS device values... it is going to help but I need more from others as they are all different....

However, I first need to get user feedback on thermostat support, because it's going to be the same kind of mapping. One HomeKit device mapped to several HomeSeer devices, with value mapping between your device values and HomeKit characteristic values.
                  Last edited by stipus; October 12, 2015, 06:57 AM.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Originally posted by Valkilane View Post
                    Hi Stipus

Having troubles getting Siri to announce the temp;

Output:

[HomeSeer] HomeSeer get temperature function succeeded: value=17.72222222222222
                    Accessory [RC Homebridge] Got Characteristic "Current Temperature" value: 17.72222222222222 +7ms
                    EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] Muting event '21.8' notification for this connection since it originated here. +1ms
                    EventedHTTPServer [fe80::f9:2535:ad0a:6c21] Sending HTTP event '21.8' with data: {"characteristics":[{"aid":21,"iid":8,"value":17.72222222222222}]} +0ms
                    EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] HTTP Repsonse is finished +0ms
                    EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] HTTP request: /characteristics?id=24.8 +16s
                    HAPServer [AC:22:3D:E3:6S:39] HAP Request: GET /characteristics?id=24.8 +0ms
                    [HomeSeer] HomeSeer get temperature function succeeded: value=20.17
                    Accessory [RC Homebridge] Got Characteristic "Current Temperature" value: 20.17 +6ms
                    EventedHTTPServer [fe80::62:7824:1ca8:7e99] HTTP Repsonse is finished +1ms

homebridge is able to get the values but Siri seems to be unable to pronounce them; simply says "sorry i can't do that"

Any ideas? maybe there are to many decimals to correctly announce the temp?

Thanks!
                    I'm going to work on this.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

--
                      stipus

Comment

Here is (attached) a new version of the platform with Humidity Sensor support

HomeSeer device value should be in % (0-100)

Sample config for a humidity sensor:

PHP Code:
                        {

"ref":238,                               // HS Device reference for your Humidity sensor

"type":"HumiditySensor",        // Required

"name":"Bathroom humidity"  // Optional name to override the HS device name

Please tell me if it works as I don't have any humidity sensor (I simulated with a HomeSeer light brightness level)

New device type support:

PHP Code:
                         Lightbulb         (can_dimonValueoffValue options)
                         - 
                        Fan               (onValueoffValue options)
                         - Switch            (
                        onValueoffValue options)
                         - 
                        Outlet            (onValueoffValue options)
                         - 
                        TemperatureSensor (temperatureUnit=C|F)
                         - 
                        Thermostat        (temperatureUnitsetPointstatecontrol options)
                         - 
                        ContactSensor     (0=no contact1=contact)
                         - 
                        MotionSensor      (0=no motion1=motion)
                         - 
                        LeakSensor        (0=no leak1=leak)
                         - 
                        LightSensor       (HomeSeer device value in Lux)
                         - 
                        HumiditySensor    (HomeSeer device value in %)
                         - 
                        OccupancySensor   (0=no occupancy1=occupancy)
                         - 
                        SmokeSensor       (0=no smoke1=smoke)
                         - 
                        Door 
                        Attachement removed as a new version is available
                        Last edited by stipus; October 12, 2015, 10:21 AM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for adding it. I just tried humidity and light sensors and they both work. Would it be difficult to add battery levels?

Comment

Curious, anyway to do push notification via HomeKit?
                            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

It's a bit more difficult as the HomeKit Battery Service has 3 required characteristics:

- BatteryLevel (0-100)
                              - ChargingState (0=not charging, 1=charging)
                              - StatusLowBattery (0=normal, 1=low)

All HomeKit sensors have an optional StatusLowBattery characteristic

I think it should be easy for each sensor to add a parameter for the HomeSeer device that keeps the low battery status...
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Perhaps in the json we could have a low battery threshold per device or is that not supported like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X