No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any luck using two separate ios devices. I've been trying to get it to work on my wife's phone and it can't find the accessory. Maybe this is a known limitation?

Comment

I think you have to setup HomeKit on one "main" IOS device, and then invite other users (using their Apple ID)

See IOS settings / HomeKit / your house / invite
      That's the way Apple designed HomeKit. Then everything works through iCloud.

*EDIT* I just tested, and it works fine. I have HomeKit setup on my iPhone. I invited another iCloud account (another iCloud account I use on my iPad), and I can then ask Siri on the iPad to turn on/off lights ... Etc.
      Last edited by stipus; October 15, 2015, 05:06 PM.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Can't believe how large this thread has gotten. Thinking it may be useful if someone could create a shareable google doc( so that it is editable by author) with all these lil tit-bits and may be a general How To that is more specific to HS. Anyone,...Anyone,....Bueller....

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        I think you have to setup HomeKit on one "main" IOS device, and then invite other users (using their Apple ID)

*EDIT* I just tested, and it works fine. I have HomeKit setup on my iPhone. I invited another iCloud account (another iCloud account I use on my iPad), and I can then ask Siri on the iPad to turn on/off lights ... Etc.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I guess I have to figure that out. I only have 1 icloud account used for all our devices including my wife's.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
            I guess I have to figure that out. I only have 1 icloud account used for all our devices including my wife's.

It was a keychain issue I had with my ios devices. I was on the phone with apple support for 20 min. The things I do for home automation...

Comment

In my case, I have one temperature sensor in the attic (HomeKit room called attic) and one thermostat in the living-room (again a HomeKit room called living-room)

I can ask Siri :
              - what's the living room temperature ?
              - what's the attic temperature ?
              .. And Siri answers the correct result each time.

(This this translated from French, ... I'm not sure of the exact Siri requests in English)

The key is to create HomeKit rooms with any HomeKit app (eve, iControl....) and configure the sensor to be in the right room. The name of the temperature sensor or thermostat doesn't seem to be important.
              Thanks for sharing your experience - I still have some inconsistency (some will, some wont) but will do a complete reload later today to see if that helps.

/Mav

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                Just tried a lock and got this error. Also, does this support batterylevel?

PHP Code:

"ref":1576,

"type":"Lock",

"name":"Kitchen Door Lock",

"lockUnsecuredValues":[0,1,16,17,32,33],

"lockSecuredValues":[255],

"lockJammedValues":[254],

"unlockValue":0,

"lockValue":255

Any success with Locks on V0.9.4 ?
                I need to know if I can publish this version to the github repository.
                Thanks.
                --
                stipus

Comment

FIrst of all Erwin , thanks for releasing this , yesterday i took the whole day fixing this problem !!! you are a life saver !!!!
                  The only thing it doesnt log , even if i edit the line at 11.

Stipus , i didnt thank you before , but i tested a lot of stuff and till now it works great !!!! thanks for updating and releasing the platform !!!

so if i understand i dont need to use any app on my iphone ?
                  it does auto discover on homekit ?

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
                  Ok, here we go! Follow these steps to get the Homebridge-homeseer package running on your Windows box:

1) Download and install Bonjour: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999?v...L&locale=nl_NL
                  2) Download http://greedy.reflexlight.nl/homesee...e-homeseer.zip
                  3) extract homebridge-homeseer.zip to c:\homebridge-homeseer (do not choose another path, unless you know what you're doing!)
                  4) Edit the config file config.json with your devices
                  5) Browse to c:\homebridge-homeseer
                  6) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
                  - Change the first "goto main_logged" (line 11) to "goto main"
                  7) Run homebridge-homeseer.cmd to test your installation. It should report:
                  Code:
                  Starting Homebridge server...
                  Loading 1 platforms...
                  8) Press CTRL+C and enter Y to terminate the batch job.
                  9) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
                  - Change the first "goto main" (line 11) to "goto main_logged"
                  10) Add the following line to startup.vb (from your homeseer installation directory), just after "End Sub":
                  Code:
                      ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer
                      hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)
                  11) Restart Homeseer.
                  12) When Homeseer has been started successfull, it should start homebridge-homeseer after a minute in a CMD window:
                  Code:
                  Starting Homebridge-Homeseer
                  Do not close this screen
                  Output will be logged to c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.log
                  If it is all running fine, you can always update your installation to the latest version of HomeSeerPlatform by just replacing the homeseer.js in c:\homebridge-homeseer\platforms with the latest version provided by stipus

Many thanks to stipus! He did a really good job by creating this platform!

Good luck!
                  Erwin
                  Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                  Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                    FIrst of all Erwin , thanks for releasing this , yesterday i took the whole day fixing this problem !!! you are a life saver !!!!
                    The only thing it doesnt log , even if i edit the line at 11.

Stipus , i didnt thank you before , but i tested a lot of stuff and till now it works great !!!! thanks for updating and releasing the platform !!!

so if i understand i dont need to use any app on my iphone ?
                    it does auto discover on homekit ?
                    You MUST use a HomeKit app (such as eve or iControl, or many others).

1) This is required to register the accessory server with HomeKit
                    2) This is required to create HomeKit rooms, and move accessories to rooms
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

is it possible to use it from everywhere or just from your home only ?

in my language dutch , when i ask siri : wat is de badkamer temperatuur
                      it says sorry i cant find any devices...

this is my config

{
                      "ref":241,
                      "type":"TemperatureSensor",
                      "temperatureUnit":"C",
                      "name":"badkamer temperatuur",
                      "batteryRef":125,
                      "batteryThreshold":15
                      }

in english it works perfect if i change the name to english ofcourse
                      so i thing the dutch siri is not working well

You MUST use a HomeKit app (such as eve or iControl, or many others).

1) This is required to register the accessory server with HomeKit
                      2) This is required to create HomeKit rooms, and move accessories to rooms
                      Last edited by Malosa; October 16, 2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

As far as I know, it can work from outside your Home, if you have an Apple-TV version 3 or more plugged on your Home Network.

In this case:

HomeKit device command from your phone outside home network
                        go to --> iCloud
                        go to --> Your Apple TV
                        go to --> HomeBridge
                        go to --> HomeSeer
                        go to --> Your device !

I tried but it didn't work as my Apple-TV is V2 only
                        Last edited by stipus; October 16, 2015, 10:00 AM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                          in english it works perfect if i change the name to english ofcourse
                          so i thing the dutch siri is not working well
                          I also noticed many HomeKit bugs in the french version of Siri...

(translated from french)
                          (me) Switch-on the right light
                          (siri) I take care of this....
                          (siri) I did it: the right light is male.

I'm a bit disappointed: I always thought my right light was female
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

i see the problem hehe , i figured it out ,

go to eve create rooms in your language : and add the accessory there (if its liningroom temperature , use only the name temperature , and put it in the room livingroom) so if u ask whats the livingroom temperature it works correct for all languages.

that is for all the devices , put them in rooms and use a short name .

Comment

Any success with Locks on V0.9.4 ?

I need to know if I can publish this version to the github repository.

Thanks.

I'll give the locks and the alarm a try tonight. Thanks a lot for this!

Comment

Security systems are not supported (yet).
                                I'll have a look...

Required characteristics are:

- Characteristic.SecuritySystemCurrentState (status)
                                STAY_ARM = 0;
                                AWAY_ARM = 1;
                                NIGHT_ARM = 2;
                                DISARMED = 3;
                                ALARM_TRIGGERED = 4;

- Characteristic.SecuritySystemTargetState (control)
                                STAY_ARM = 0;
                                AWAY_ARM = 1;
                                NIGHT_ARM = 2;
                                DISARM = 3;

Optional characteristics are:
                                - Characteristic.StatusFault
                                (value between 0 and 255 - didn't find any info about the meaning)

- Characteristic.StatusTampered
                                NOT_TAMPERED = 0
                                TAMPERED = 1

- Characteristic.SecuritySystemAlarmType
                                (value between 0 and 255 - didn't find any info about the meaning)
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X