• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This link might contain useful information regarding the usable commands:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893

And for the Dutch guys:
    https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/HT204893

Comment

Out of curiosity, how does Door differ from GarageDoor? Are there actually sensors out there that measure position of doors (other than garage doors) from 0 to 100? Very interesting.

Comment

i tested this and something is mixed up .

when i use " Door" , it shows me position , (in info shows me as position) and answers to locks)
        and when i use "GarageDoorOpener" , is shows me door (in the info it says its a door ) but listen to garagedoor

i dont know what command i can ask about the door status :P
        PHP Code:
        {

"ref"507,

"type":"Door",

"name":"woonkamer deur",

"uuid_base":"woonkamer4"

}, 
        100 = open
        0 = closed

kind regards

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        HomeSeer Platform for HomeBridge V0.10.3

- Added obstruction support to doors, windows and windows coverings

Sample config (same for Door, Window and WindowCovering):

PHP Code:
                    {

"ref":240,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference for a door - HomeSeer values must go from 0 (closed) to 100 (open)

"type":"Door",                  // Required for a Door

"name":"Main door",             // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"obstructionRef":241,           // Optional - HomeSeer device reference for your door obstruction state (can be the same as ref)

"obstructionValues":[1]         // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit obstruction state=OBSTRUCTION

Last edited by Malosa; October 16, 2015, 03:42 PM.
        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
          Ok, here we go! Follow these steps to get the Homebridge-homeseer package running on your Windows box:

1) Download and install Bonjour: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999?v...L&locale=nl_NL
          2) Download http://greedy.reflexlight.nl/homesee...e-homeseer.zip
          3) extract homebridge-homeseer.zip to c:\homebridge-homeseer (do not choose another path, unless you know what you're doing!)
          4) Edit the config file config.json with your devices
          5) Browse to c:\homebridge-homeseer
          6) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
          - Change the first "goto main_logged" (line 11) to "goto main"
          7) Run homebridge-homeseer.cmd to test your installation. It should report:
          Code:
          Starting Homebridge server...
          Loading 1 platforms...
          8) Press CTRL+C and enter Y to terminate the batch job.
          9) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
          - Change the first "goto main" (line 11) to "goto main_logged"
          10) Add the following line to startup.vb (from your homeseer installation directory), just after "End Sub":
          Code:
              ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer
              hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)
          11) Restart Homeseer.
          12) When Homeseer has been started successfull, it should start homebridge-homeseer after a minute in a CMD window:
          Code:
          Starting Homebridge-Homeseer
          Do not close this screen
          Output will be logged to c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.log
          If it is all running fine, you can always update your installation to the latest version of HomeSeerPlatform by just replacing the homeseer.js in c:\homebridge-homeseer\platforms with the latest version provided by stipus

Many thanks to stipus! He did a really good job by creating this platform!

Good luck!
          Erwin
          I works perfect - just a note; I had to manually open port 51826 on my Win 2008R2 server before it would do pairing.

/Mav

Comment

Originally posted by petermdevries View Post
            I juist wanted to add my window and doorsensors. However, in homeseer I am using Visonic sensors to detect whether doors are open with other vakjes than 0..100. For example open=1 and closed=2. Is it possible to have openValue and closedValue parameters to translate these values, just like with lightbulb etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Door, Window, and WindowCovering types are for real automated doors, windows, curtains... These devices have status and control values from 0 (closed) to 100 (open).

If you have a window or door sensor, don't use these types. Use ContactSensor as type, and you have the onValues parameter to configure.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post
              stipus - You rock, this is amazing

I have about 50 devices (lights, switches, outlets, garage) working perfectly
              on Windows 10 now (thanks ewillems)

feature request:
              I have an audio matrix and video matrix which I have created button devices for changing sources, is there a way we can incorporate multiple values in an accessory

example
              Office TV ref:96
              DirecTV1 value:1
              DirecTV2 value:2
              DirecTV3 value:3
              ROKU value:4

The below works but can only switch between 1 and 4 with off/on
              {
              "ref": 96,
              "type": "Switch",
              "name": "Office Video",
              "onValue": 4,
              "offValue": 1
              }

Was looking for solution or ideal about how to handle

Thanks for all the great work in such a short time (blown away at speed)
              Steven G
              I don't see any HomeKit type that could be mapped to your video matrix.... I'm sure Apple is going to add many new HomeKit types in the future... But in the meantime, you may use several events for this purpose...
              --
              stipus

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                Out of curiosity, how does Door differ from GarageDoor? Are there actually sensors out there that measure position of doors (other than garage doors) from 0 to 100? Very interesting.
                Yes they are very different HomeKit types.
                A HomeKit door/window or WindowCovering has a control/status value from 0 (closed) to 100 (open), may have a position state (opening/closing or stopped - currently hard coded to stopped in the current platform), and an obstructed status.
                A garage door opener has a more simple status (open/closed/opening/closing/stopped), an obstructed status, and a managed lock that can be secured/unsecured/jammed... Etc
                --
                stipus

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                  everyone, be careful with the latest git repo. It just broke by install with this error:

PHP Code:
                  Loading 2 platforms...
                  [
                  ThermostatInitializing Nest platform...
                  [
                  ThermostatFetching Nest devices.
                  [
                  HomeSeerInitializing HomeSeer platform...
                  [
                  HomeSeerFetching HomeSeer devices.
                  Loading 0 accessories...
                  [
                  HomeSeerHomeSeer status function succeeded!
                  [
                  HomeSeerInitializing platform accessory 'Garage Door Opener'...
                  /
                  home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Service.js:38

if (!UUID) throw new Error("Services must be created with a valid UUID.");
                                     ^
                  ErrorServices must be created with a valid UUID.

at new Service (/home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Service.js:38:20)

at parseServiceJSON (/home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/AccessoryLoader.js:114:17)

at /home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/AccessoryLoader.js:63:19
                      at 
                  Array.forEach (native)

at Object.parseAccessoryJSON (/home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/AccessoryLoader.js:62:17)

at createAccessory (/home/chris/homebridge/app.js:153:28)

at /home/chris/homebridge/app.js:132:27
                      at 
                  /home/chris/homebridge/node_modules/HAP-NodeJS/lib/util/once.js:15:19
                      at Object
                  .<anonymous> (/home/chris/homebridge/platforms/HomeSeer.js:278:17)

at Request._callback (/home/chris/homebridge/platforms/HomeSeer.js:229:7
                  I rolled back to stipus's commit via
                  PHP Code:
                  git reset --hard c22c145
                  npm install
                  replaced HomeSeer
                  .js and all is well
                  Thanks Stipus!!

I've also been watching this for a while.. and have tried before to get this going, but haven't had the time to get it working on windows
                  I've tried Ubuntu and have run xenserver for a few years but windows is more familiar.
                  I installed ewillems' (many thanks!!) archive and have also got the
                  Error: Services must be created with a valid UUID.
                  Any help appreciated

Cheers
                  J

Comment

SKinnez :

put this under your devices like i did here : "uuid_base":"anyuuidhere"

PHP Code:
                     {

"ref"507,

"uuid_base":"anyuuidhere"

}, 

Stipus,

something is mixed up .

when i use type " Door" , it shows me position with garage door icon, (in info shows me as position) and siri answers to locks)

and when i use type "GarageDoorOpener" , is shows me door with a door icon (in the info it says its a door ) but siri listen to garagedoor.

what phrase can i use in siri to ask about the door status ?
                    and ContactSensor is more for window sensors... it shows yes and no...

0=closed
                    100=open
                    Last edited by Malosa; October 17, 2015, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                      SKinnez :

put this under your devices like i did here : "uuid_base":"anyuuidhere"

PHP Code:
                       {

"ref"507,

"uuid_base":"anyuuidhere"

}, 

Stipus,

something is mixed up .

when i use type " Door" , it shows me position with garage door icon, (in info shows me as position) and siri answers to locks)

and when i use type "GarageDoorOpener" , is shows me door with a door icon (in the info it says its a door ) but siri listen to garagedoor.

what phrase can i use in siri to ask about the door status ?
                      and ContactSensor is more for window sensors... it shows yes and no...

0=closed
                      100=open
                      Thanks Malosa
                      Ive added the UUID line but it didn't fix it.
                      I had swapped the Homeseer.js platform file to the newest one after checking the install from ewillems worked..
                      When I switched back to an older one the error was gone and I was able to pair the bridge in EVE etc and my test light works!!!
                      Seems the latest homeseer.js file might have caused this??
                      Anyway for now I can talk to my phone and it does stuff

Cheers

J

Comment

I don't see any HomeKit type that could be mapped to your video matrix.... I'm sure Apple is going to add many new HomeKit types in the future... But in the meantime, you may use several events for this purpose...
                        If you follow the threads on github from homebridge, you will see some creative uses of dimmer controls. That loose you go say "set my matrix to 5%" and it will send a 5 as the option. Not sure if that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                          Stipus,

something is mixed up .

We are among the first on earth to test all these HomeKit features... There are no HomeKit compatible garage door openers or doors on the market yet ... and there are bugs everywhere... SIRI sometimes has weird behaviors, HomeKit IOS apps such as Eve ... have missing features, bugs .... etc...

I'm certain on my side, that when you select "Door" as the type, I create a HomeKit "Door", and when you select "GarageDoorOpener", I create a HomeKit GarageDoorOpener....
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                            Thanks Stipus!!

I've also been watching this for a while.. and have tried before to get this going, but haven't had the time to get it working on windows
                            I've tried Ubuntu and have run xenserver for a few years but windows is more familiar.
                            I installed ewillems' (many thanks!!) archive and have also got the
                            Error: Services must be created with a valid UUID.
                            Any help appreciated

Cheers
                            J
                            I couldn't install ewillems version, as I'm getting an error when trying.
                            It's possible ewillems version is not in sync with some of the recent homebridge and node-hap UUID changes.
                            I'll try with the latest version from the homebridge repository as soon as I can.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

thanks for the reply

ok but what app is the best to use than ?

if i select a door i get status yes and no ,

but what i dont know is , can i ask siri if the door is open ? it says i dont have locks , thats the only thing i need to know , because i use it dutch .

ewillems version is sync i can use the uuid with no problems here

We are among the first on earth to test all these HomeKit features... There are no HomeKit compatible garage door openers or doors on the market yet ... and there are bugs everywhere... SIRI sometimes has weird behaviors, HomeKit IOS apps such as Eve ... have missing features, bugs .... etc...

I'm certain on my side, that when you select "Door" as the type, I create a HomeKit "Door", and when you select "GarageDoorOpener", I create a HomeKit GarageDoorOpener....

Comment

Thanks for all this guys, amazing work - I am just starting out and managed to get it working on windows without too much trouble at all (with the helpful advice and instructions in ewillems post), editing the JSON data files is a little time consuming and I am now using eve rather than mytouchhome (editing is better in eve) but my setup seems to be coming on nicely...

Comment

Working...
                                X