• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for me before siri says the execute message the light is off ,

but when i ask the temp or humid its direct with no lag
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by askme View Post
      Some other platforms have this implemented (with DSC) which you can see on the Homebridge Git site. not sure if that helps.
      The latest homeseer platform for homebridge (V0.10.3 this thread post 282) does support security systems !!
      --
      stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        The latest homeseer platform for homebridge (V0.10.3 this thread post 282) does support security systems !!

And, it's already up and running. Oddly, it works fine with my caddx, but is homeseer that didn't show the updated status. I will poke around some more by apparently drove my family nuts arming and disarming the system.

Comment

Timing out

Now that I am up and running with this awesome solution from Stipus (migrated to windows thanks to ewillems) , I am running into a new problem. I can bring Eve (or other) app up and add Homebridge as a bridge and find all of my accessories without problem. They all seem to work and have tested Z-Wave thermostats, events, contacts, and my security system (Caddx) arms and disarms.

After about 10-15 min, however, the app loses connectivity to the bridge server, showing all devices as unreachable. The log on the server shows no issues, but no more activity.

I suspect either one of my accessories is acting up and trashing the Homekit DB, or the connection is dying. I have seen a number comments on Homebridge Git site about timeouts and keepalive and wondered if that might be it.

Has anyone else seen the same issue?

Comment

I had the same issue with my pi install and have now noticed this with my windows install. What I do is turn on off a light switch on my phone through eve. At first it says nothing happens, then eve connects, then I can use Siri again.

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I often see all accessories as unreachable, but it usually lasts only a few seconds before they refresh as available.
              --
              stipus

Comment

I often see all accessories as unreachable, but it usually lasts only a few seconds before they refresh as available.
                So you are telling me it is a user issue? a bit too impatient? I will try to be more patient tonight when I try it again.

Comment

I don't know. Maybe this is a different problem. Maybe this is linked to the number of accessories you declared ....
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

never had that problem here , its running 3 days now here with no problems

i use for connect http://usernameassword@iport

Comment

no problem ,you can ask siri this :

whats my office temperature
                      what is the temperature of my office
                      whats office temperature
                      list office temperature
                      temperature office
                      office temperature

this only works if u create a room called office

the 2 words (office and temperature needs to be in your question )
                      like i said before don't name your device office temperature , just temperature , use the uuid for knowing that temp sensor it is

For events :
                      i created a scene for testing : i gave it this name , (what is on tv right now).
                      and added my event to send trough push bullet whats on my tv. it works great.
                      So i ask , hey siri whats on tv right now, and i get the pushbullet message

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      Thank you guys, I did not change anything but now asking Siri for 'list the xxxx temperature' works fine for all of the rooms (including outside), a bit un-intuitive if you ask me but works fine...now onto the events!

Comment

Malosa, so what does your uuid for office temperature device look like? Officetemperature or office temperature. I haven't been using uuid so far but I like this idea for organization.

Also what's on my tv- how exactly are you getting your TV guide into pushbullet( I'm assuming this is just like push for iOS)
                        TIA

Sent from my iPhone
                        Tom

Comment

You can set anything for the base_uuid parameter, as long as it's unique! Siri doesn't use this identifier for anything.

On my setup I have base_uuids such as "0A28475CX"

The base_uuid parameter has been added so that you can have multiple accessories with the same name, and so that you can easily rename accessories.

If you don't use this parameter, the accessory name is used To create the HomeKit identifier for the accessory.
                          This means you cannot have 2 accessories with the same name.
                          This means if you rename an accessory, HomeKit will think it's a completely new one, and the accessory with the old name will remain as a ghost accessory in the HomeKit database....
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Thanks, more thanks, and big Merci for adding this feature.

You can set anything for the base_uuid parameter, as long as it's unique! Siri doesn't use this identifier for anything.

On my setup I have base_uuids such as "0A28475CX"

The base_uuid parameter has been added so that you can have multiple accessories with the same name, and so that you can easily rename accessories.

If you don't use this parameter, the accessory name is used To create the HomeKit identifier for the accessory.
                            This means you cannot have 2 accessories with the same name.
                            This means if you rename an accessory, HomeKit will think it's a completely new one, and the accessory with the old name will remain as a ghost accessory in the HomeKit database....
                            Tom

Comment

YES, now if this only could work with HS2. Not your issue, my point is that this is more significant than HS3 and the first time I have even thought about updating to HS3.

Thank you all that have contributed!
                              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Krumpy,
                                I think user tommy in this thread is using it with hs2?

Sent from my iPhone
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X