Converting RF shade control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting RF shade control

i want to convert an RF shade control up/down/stop to dry contact or z wave.
    its made by a company called Spettmann USA and their MSRC-SA remote is pretty simple. I could try a hack for the wires and go to my elk for the contacts. or i could try a global cache converter? Anyone have ideas? Thanks!
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

I just bought this z-wave blind module, it connects to a separate RF transmitter module via wires for control of up, down and stop. Requires 12v DC power. I did not connect it to a wired wall switch as described. The slider is not working but you can stop at any position (reports back to Homeseer as unknown status if not fully open or closed). Should be able to connect to any compatible RF module via wires from what I can see.

Comment

Same product, half the price:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...201&p_id=11992
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

So do you think I can retrofit using this controller and attaching to those three wires in the motor itself?
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
          Nice find! The only difference I see is the number of wires on the harness, mine has three more neutral wires, one for each command (open, close, stop) in addition to the power neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
            So do you think I can retrofit using this controller and attaching to those three wires in the motor itself?
            If you can use a wire and momentarily short out the open, closed and stop switch terminals using a neutral and control the blind then the module I posted should work because it just opens the circuit briefly.

Comment

Working...
            X