Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Key Fob, Gen5 (ZW088-A) Z-Wave Plus

Hello!

I've recently purchased two of these Key Fobs, to attach to my Keychains, in hopes I could setup/link Home/Away event activities for corresponding buttons.

I'm currently running Windows HS3, with Z-Net Ethernet Controller and Z-Wave plugin #3.0.1.37

Whenever I've tried to pair this to my Znet, I receive the error

Error - Add Node Failed reported by controller - you may try again. A "Restart" has been done on your controller.

I upgraded from a Z-Troller to the Z-Net in hopes of the new controller being compatible with these Zwave Plus Devices..

Are these devices compatible with HS3 and the current HS Zwave Plugin?

Any help greatly appreciated, as I've been dealing with this issue for months!

^^ BUMP, anyone have any ideas, experience with this product, or any knowledge of plans for Z-wave plugin to support?

Comment

Aeon Labs is shipping us a keyfob to test. We'll let you know when we get it.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Aeon Labs is shipping us a keyfob to test. We'll let you know when we get it.
        AWESOME! Thank you, will look forward to seeing it work!

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
          AWESOME! Thank you, will look forward to seeing it work!
          The samples arrived today. They appear to add to HS3 as controllers only, so doesn't look like you'll be able to launch events with these. Rich will have to take a closer look to be sure.

Comment

The samples arrived today. They appear to add to HS3 as controllers only, so doesn't look like you'll be able to launch events with these. Rich will have to take a closer look to be sure.
            Thanks, let me know! hope something is possible..

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
              Thanks, let me know! hope something is possible..
              It will be a couple weeks before we know. My advice would be to not get your hopes up.

Comment

Being a last gen device, does it use/support the Central Scene feature?

Another current gen (zwave plus) remote is NodOn Octan, it can be switched between two modes (central scene and ...), perhaps this one can go into different modes too.
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                  Being a last gen device, does it use/support the Central Scene feature?

Another current gen (zwave plus) remote is NodOn Octan, it can be switched between two modes (central scene and ...), perhaps this one can go into different modes too.
                  Central scene is not supported by the keyfob.

We have a NodOn Octan to test also. Of course, that's not a keyfob style controller so doesn't really belong in this thread.

Comment

It will be a couple weeks before we know. My advice would be to not get your hopes up.
                    OK, you can get your hopes back up again! The latest keyfob does send a "scene 1 On" command when it's pushed. That now can trigger an event in HomeSeer. You can use that trigger over and over again if you do either of these:
                    • Add an action to the event that turns scene 1 off
                    • Use the trigger that "sets" the device to scene 1 on.

Comment

Here you go guys! http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177397

Comment

Update to the latest 1.41 plugin to get my AEON keyfob working but it only gets the battery level. Removed and added the device several times but no changes.
                        Frustrating to not be able to check in what mode it is currently.
                        Anyone more luck?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure yours is new enough and has the 500 series chip? I know it is either mentioned in the video or in one of the threads that it has to be one of the new models. I don't have one yet or I would compare the firmware version on it to what you have displayed, but I wonder if yours might be the older 300 series chip.

Jeff

Comment

It must be the newer one because it supports Zwave plus....
                            As far as I know the older ones didn't support it.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrafilm View Post
                              It must be the newer one because it supports Zwave plus....
                              As far as I know the older ones didn't support it.
                              If the ZDK is version 6.5x then you have a new one

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X