My Amazon Echo is possessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Amazon Echo is possessed

So for the 4th time this week me Amazon echo has suddenly, with no interaction, started to play music. at least 3 of the 4 times the house has been totally quiet so no TV words to pick up on. even odder is the fact that looking in the amazon app that shows all the commands received there isn't a single entry for that time, nothing odd either, the last entry being a command i said.

called Amazon today, they are looking into it and have pulled all my logs. anyone else have this happen?

should i call a priest ?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

One of mine keeps picking up someone else's connected devices. It has happened about 6 times so far. Amazon was able to isolate it to the one I purchased from someone else via eBay. Since opening a ticket with Amazon, the issue has not reoccurred.

Regards,
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Do you have the Bluetooth remote for the Echo? Is the play button somehow being pressed? I once had a remote that, if left in the sun, would send a power ON command when it heated up! It took many months to figure this out because the remote of course had to be pointed at the TV.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

i do have the bluetooth remote but i see nothing in the amazon logs about it picking up a command
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Mine starts playing music too sometimes... but it's when that damn Amazon Echo commercial comes on and they actually say "Alexa, play blah blah blah". Well, my Echo hears the commercial too and does it. DOH! LOL

Comment

Working...
          X