System running at 100% Load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System running at 100% Load?

i have a dedicated PC running HS3 but it seems a bit slow and i was wondering if anyone else has had to upgrade to a faster processor to keep things running smooth?
    it is not an old pc or anything but not the fastest either! i would have thought it would have worked nicely but i am thinking i should have gone faster? have any of you had issues running at 100% load?

Intel64 Family 6 Model 54 Stepping 1 at 1.73 GHz
    System Processes/Load:92 Processes, 100% Load

Click image for larger version

Name:	Load.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1208337

It's almost always a plugin that is malfunctioning so I would disable each plugin and see if you can narrow down the culprit. You should also be able to look at the event viewer and tell which process is using most of the CPU cycles.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Found that an Intel64 Family 6 model 54 stepping 1 at 1.73 CPU is an Atom N2800. (guesstimate)

Well an Atom N2600 only could have a maximum of 2Gb of RAM though.

None the less 4Gb or more Gb of RAM will do much better for you.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Task.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1180646

i am surprised how much JowiHue is using but nothing else seems that high to me?

Comment

Up the memory to 4Gb and it will alleviate some issues.

Rupp mentioned it could be heavy/problematic plugin.

1 - Remove Teamviewer. (while this is not a plugin it is hogging your CPU/memory stuff)

2 - Disable plugin HSPI_JPWI Hue - it is using way too much CPU - how many HUE lamps are you using with it?

Maybe try an alternate Hue control thing - thinking Jon has a script that does Hue.

3 - test disable Arduino plugin for a bit.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

i don't have a monitor so use team viewer to access it when needed so most of the time it isn't running

i only have 3 hue lights so it shouldn't be using that much but i do have it checking the lights every few seconds so that may be part of it and i will have to see if i can clean it up a bit, i really like the plugin and i use it for all kinds of notifications and playing color loops/animations on the lights so i think if that is the issue i may have to get a faster PC

Comment

I think I was on similar boat just a few months ago. I was running HS2 quite happily with HomeTroller S4 or so (N2800 atom) and upgraded the software to HS3. It was really slow with that hardware (idling at 60% IIRC), so I migrated the system to an Avoton C2550 system and the system idles at around 15% cpu usage now, even with more devices and plugins I've added over the months.

I have JowiHue with 3 lights too, but they're not actively used yet. Only during certain scenes and certainly not called every few minutes.. (Can you share how you're using the Hues? I have a dozen more on order and would like to learn more about potential issues).

HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Yeah VNC old is very light and works fine here on Windows 10.

You could leave it running as a service.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                  [ATTACH]49323[/ATTACH]

i am surprised how much JowiHue is using but nothing else seems that high to me?
                  It looks like you are simply pushing your small engine (CPU) too hard. None of these are looking like they are using a ton of CPU but the total is more than the little PC can handle.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X