HomeSeer with Simon XT/ Frontpoint Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer with Simon XT/ Frontpoint Help Please

I am trying to set-up Homeseer to replace my GE 45601 Remote that is connected with my Simon XT panel from Frontpoint. I have a z-net interface for z-wave connectivity. At this point I am a little confused on how to proceed.

With the GE 45601 remote, I simply added the remote to the Simon XT panel via Z-Wave->Add Device on the Simon XT and "Transfer -> Receive" on my GE 45601. With this set-up every time a light switch was added to the remote, it was also automatically added to the panel.

I want to replicate this but use HomeSeer instead. I have not found any way to add HomeSeer to the Simon XT panel. I tried choosing "Z-Wave -> Add Device" on the Simon XT and each of the options listed in the Homeseer z-wave interface (Add Node/ Transfer controller/ etc) and they all timeout.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone successfully integrated HomeSeer with the Simon XT. I have read through the forums but could not find a definitive answer or the steps necessary to make this work.

My other thoughts was to add the GE 45601 Remote to the HomeSeer hoping that replicates all the lights that were added into the remote and then add the remote to the Simon XT hoping that the lights replicate from the remote into Homeseer (unsure if that is how ZWave works).

Also Frontpoint now offers an IQPanel that is more modern. I could not find any discussion if that panel works better (it is expensive and I would only get it if it enables connectivity to work).

I need the Simon XT integration for a few basic interrupts to turn on/off lights when the system is armed/ disarmed and when the garage opens/ closes (using the tilt sensors with the alarm system that are not z-wave based). I also want to add touchscreen keypads that can be maanged via HomeSeer and also detected by the Simon XT panel. I assume there is not other plug-in out there that will make this more seamless.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Working...
X