Zwave water sensor as a bath level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave water sensor as a bath level

Take one zwave water detector. attach the probe end in the bathtub at the level you like your bath to be. mount the main module in a suitable place. add a simple verbal warning when the device first turns on and vola, for about $35 you can relax while your bath fills without having to run in and out to check it.
    Attached Files
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Let's hope that event doesn't fail You need to tak this to the next level and t have HS automatically turn the water off for you. This could be used with outdoor fountains, water bowls, etc as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Let's hope that event doesn't fail You need to tak this to the next level and t have HS automatically turn the water off for you. This could be used with outdoor fountains, water bowls, etc as well.
      thats easy with a thermostatic valve ($around $140 for a hot and cold unit) you can even adjust the temp then with it

if anyone wants details on the units i can give links
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I have this built into my Rinnai Water Heater. They call it Smart Bath Fill. Hot water heater has a remote control panel in Master bath that will fill tub to what ever level you specify at whatever temp you want. It has no integration with HA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have this built into my Rinnai Water Heater.
          you had me excited for a moment, til i read the manual, you still have to manually turn the water faucets on and off. i thought it did that for you

Comment

True but you only have to open the hot water valve at the tub faucet and hit the start button and leave it alone. Still not quit automated enough for HS standards!

Now if I could only figure out and hack the interface from the remote panel to the Rinnai unit and allow HS to control....... It is only two wires but must be some sort of serial bus. Not sure beyond that.

Comment

put a scope on it

Comment

http://www.bath-o-matic.com/html/EN/...athomatic.html

now THATS an automated bathtub

Comment

here it is installed. i moved it originally had it on the side of the bath wall but realized it was being tripped when i took a shower as the shower spray was right on it. next to the overflow was the driest place when taking a shower.

when the sensor is tripped HS does 2 things:

1: verbally alerts me
                  2: turns on a virtual device

the act of the virtual device means i get a reminder every 30 seconds till the motion sensor in the bath area trips , thus signaling I went in there and hopefully turned off the water.

So far its worked pretty well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                    here it is installed. i moved it originally had it on the side of the bath wall but realized it was being tripped when i took a shower as the shower spray was right on it. next to the overflow was the driest place when taking a shower.

when the sensor is tripped HS does 2 things:

1: verbally alerts me
                    2: turns on a virtual device

the act of the virtual device means i get a reminder every 30 seconds till the motion sensor in the bath area trips , thus signaling I went in there and hopefully turned off the water.

So far its worked pretty well.
                    Amateur! My tub actually takes my bath for me and sends me a text when I'm clean.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Amateur! My tub actually takes my bath for me and sends me a text when I'm clean.
                      lol maybe you should make a video of that

Comment

for those interested here are the 3 scripts I have that run it:

script 1 fires when the sensor goes off. it has the prevention of refireing for 50 mins as i only need it to go off once. it sets my audio to play in the whole house and gives me the message that the Bath is full, it also turns on a virtual device.

script 2: checks every min for the presence of that virtual device being on and sends a verbal reminder ( we need this because at this point the bath is still filling up )

script 3: is triggered by the virtual device being on AND the motion sensor in the bathroom triggering, this triggering of the motion sensor tells HS that someone has entered the bathroom and will most likely turn off the water, so set the virtual device to off to stop repeated announcements.

If you add a thermostatic valve to your bathtub you can of course then have HS turn the water off for you.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X