Anyone have a good doorbell script ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a good doorbell script ?

I have a zwave doorbell and it works great BUT i want to to be able to load HS with different sounds that will play at certain holidays and a standard one that plays the rest of the time.

has anyone made a script that can look at the date and play a different mp3 if it matches form a list?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Might be just as easy to do it in an event with some date conditions although that depends how many holidays you want?

Comment

I wonder if Mikes Scenemaster plugin could do it?
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177202

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
        I have a zwave doorbell...
        Curious, what doorbell do you have?
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

+1 on the type of doorbell....
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.18,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.177,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.1,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Curious, what doorbell do you have?
            took a regular doorbell ran the wires to a zwave contact window sensor, attached the wires to the 2 screws inside for the contact, doorbell is pressed it closes the connection.

nice and simple
            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Aeontec is just about to release a ZWave doorbell based off their siren. I have one on order and it sounds like it should be actually released soon.

I also just installed my Rfxrec433 receiver and am discovering that there are certain doorbells out there that should be able to be received. . .looking at some 1andone easy chime units on Amazon. They are relatively cheap in comparison. . .

At this point, I have a minimote weatherproofed mounted outside that triggers my Aeontec siren. . . :-)

Comment

Ok. More reading and it appears all the chimes only work with the transmitting version. . .

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                  took a regular doorbell ran the wires to a zwave contact window sensor, attached the wires to the 2 screws inside for the contact, doorbell is pressed it closes the connection.

nice and simple

That's what I had thought of doing, but my doorbell circuit is ~13v and the sensor I bought seems to have a max voltage of ~3.5 (remembering rather than exact numbers as I don't have it to hand).

Is your setup different to this?

Cheers
                  James
                  cheeryfool

Comment

I am having quite good success with a motion detected door chime. I have set up a small motion trigger area in the Blue Iris software that pokes a JSON run event command to HomeSeer. This hits a top level event which the runs a series of other events depending on their own conditions being met. One of those is a doorbell chime that plays on our Sonos speakers throughout the house. I am able to cut out most false triggers by testing on whether the door is or has just been open when the motion alert triggers. Still want to 'Zwave' my actual doorbell though, hence previous post.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

That's what I had thought of doing, but my doorbell circuit is ~13v and the sensor I bought seems to have a max voltage of ~3.5
                      you remove all the power parts all you need is the 2 wires running to the contacts , nothing else all it does is close the loop when the button is pressed

Comment

I was thinking about using a 16.5vac relay and tying that into an input on my DSC alarm panel, this way the door bell still works old school but I can play an announcement out by the pool and trigger cameras etc..
                        Attached Files
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Here only updated the doorbell button with a new LCD style button, left all of the original wiring and added two Elk circuit boards. Note you can still utilize Z-Wave this way.

Here I have brick and a front door with two glass panels on either side. The doorbell button sits inside of the wooden frame edge of one side panel. It is maybe 1.5" wide so there is really not much room.

One is an Elk doorbell circuit board for interfacing to alarm panel and the second circuit board is just a debounce circuit board.

You can make these if you want. The two Elk circuit boards are reasonably priced.

You want to be able to use a debounce circuit on the doorbell button.

1 - Elk-930 Doorbell circuit board.
                          2 - Elk 960 Doorbell debounce circuit board.
                          3 - LCD Doorbell button that works with standard doorbell voltages - this was a project in itself (you can make one of these if you want).

Circuit drawing.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pete; November 2, 2015, 09:20 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                          X