Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed getting CM15A plugin working

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208 (Windows)

Have drivers from X10 installed (not sure which version I need - so installed the ones I had immediate access to).

Now I get:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from CM15A - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

How do I refresh the list of interfaces?

Help please. Before I go ask HS3 support

Thx

A

Help needed getting CM15A plugin working

I had a lot of trouble getting the CM15a installed properly. The first thing is to make sure that Windows is seeing the USB interface for the CM15a. On my system (Windows 7) it is listed in the system devices of device manager under USB controllers as : X10 USB ActiveHome (ACPI- compliant). It is essential to properly install the x10 ActiveHome device drivers. I used the ones posted in the CM15a installation thread on this bulletin board.

I had to enable/disable the the plugin a couple of times before it started working.

I have not had much success with the plugin. It seems to stop working at random times every few days. Disable/enable gets it working again.

I was never able to get dim to work properly.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

OK, got the plugin status to a green OK now! Progress. However I set up a test device with a valid address. Confirmed that it works with a wireless keypad, and wireless transceiver. HomeSeer cannot make this device operate.

I filled in the Code fields, but left the Address field blank. Is that correct?

What else am I missing?

X10 is solid in my home with XTBII. So it's not on the X10 side. It appears that the HS3 software and X10 plugin is not talking to the CM15A (I can see all activity with the lamp in the XTBII).

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post

What else am I missing?
        Did you fill out the house/device code on both the Configuration and CM15/X10 tab? The address can be left blank. Maybe post a screen shot of the Advanced and cm15 tabs.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Did you fill out the house/device code on both the Configuration and CM15/X10 tab? The address can be left blank. Maybe post a screen shot of the Advanced and cm15 tabs.
          Here's what I have setup (I don't see a CM15 tab...):

and

What did I miss out?

Thx,

A

Comment

Here's what I have setup (I don't see a CM15 tab...):

What did I miss out?

Thx,

A
            That's the issue. When you first create a device, that tab will be there. Make sure to go to it and fill it out before clicking done. That way the cm15 plugin "owns" that device and will control it. Unfortunately there's no way to add it back in so you will need to recreate the device(s).

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Bingo! We have a winner. Obvious really, once I know about it.

Thanks.

A (not such a HS3 newbie now...)

Comment

OK, got the plugin status to a green OK now! Progress. However I set up a test device with a valid address. Confirmed that it works with a wireless keypad, and wireless transceiver. HomeSeer cannot make this device operate.

What else am I missing?

X10 is solid in my home with XTBII. So it's not on the X10 side. It appears that the HS3 software and X10 plugin is not talking to the CM15A (I can see all activity with the lamp in the XTBII).
                Having an issues, every 5+ hours, needs to be unplugged and doesn't work. THIs was worked forever and never did this,. Please help, not sure what else to try.

Comment

I recommend that you post your question in the X10 forum. Mark is more likely to see it there.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                  X