X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeleFragger
    replied
    which workarounds? wondering if any will help me out...

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    My X10 in HS3 using a CM15 works fine and reasonably reliably, powerline and RF. There are some workarounds necessary due to bugs in the plugin, which would be nice to have fixed, but that aside my installation works. It's not 100% reliable but I don't use any filters so I don't expect 100%.
    I don't buy X10 devices anymore, just ZWave, but I see no need to retire my existing devices. I sometimes replace an X10 device with a new ZWave device but I usually find some less-critical use for the X10 device.
    I voted 'HS3-X10 rock solid', which isn't exactly true, but there is no option for 'HS3-X10 good enough'
    I guess if X10 was the core of my system I would be banging the drum for fixing some of the plugin bugs.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    started a poll X10 poll - Stay HS2 or go to HS3???

X10 poll - Stay HS2 or go to HS3???

HS2 - X10 rock solid and would upgrade to HS3 if X10 plugin issues were fixed.
    29.41%
    HS2 - x10 rock solid and dont plan on upgrading at all
    11.76%
    HS3 - X10 rock solid
    44.12%
    HS3 - X10 issues so replacing all with another technology
    11.76%
    HS3 - X10 issues and going back to HS2 as it works there
    2.94%
    Ok all so I have been trying to get things going once again to HS3 and thought I had it all going well but I am running into the same X10 issues I had when HS3 first came out.

I get it... I really do..
    UPB is way better
    Zwave is pretty good too

but if you are like me with 80% of your setup x10 and cant afford to swap it ALL out to zwave... you rely on X10...

so this poll is simple...

and also please reply with what version of HS2 you are running and how stable it is. Before HS3 I had HS2 stable at some point. It was rock solid and I had so much automated but something broke somewhere and I could never get my system to stay up longer than 5 days. Tried going to HS3 when it came out and issues.... I'm trying to go back to HS3, thought I had it going but X10 was working the other day and is no longer again.
Working...
X