This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    I would be 100% in favor of that. Of course, someone would actually need to step forward to do this.
    In the interim, I'd be thrilled to have a scripting function that sends an X10 signal on the power line. Call it 'SendX10', similar to ExecX10, but limited to generating X10 PLC signals.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
      Ideally, I would like to be able to mirror HS2 device status in HS3.
      Two thoughts:
      • If you do not need instantaneous synchronization, you could use a recurring event to run a script that writes a csv file with the status of the devices you want to mirror in HS2, then another event in HS3 to read the file. I am doing that now once a minute (in both directions) with good results.
      • If you need immediate sync it gets more difficult, but you could take a look at TextSeer. I haven't tried it, but something like this might do what you want:

Code:
      "http://server:port/textseer?deviceid=NUMBER&deviceCMD=COMMAND"
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I would be 100% in favor of that. Of course, someone would actually need to step forward to do this. Any takers?
        Do you know if the code is actually there (potentially lifted from the HS2 plugin?) and it is a matter of sorting event actions/triggers or are both missing? If it is just the latter then I may be able to try and resolve, if both then I'm out as I could not reliably test things...I guess this explains why I could not get preset dim to work then!

Comment

Everyone seems to focus on the X10 power line stuff. But the X10 wireless devices are still 100% useful and in my opinion work much better than z-wave. X10 motion sensors and X10 door/window sensors are still great products. They should be fully supported in HS3. Blades plugin works fine but is difficult to work with.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
            Everyone seems to focus on the X10 power line stuff. But the X10 wireless devices are still 100% useful and in my opinion work much better than z-wave. X10 motion sensors and X10 door/window sensors are still great products. They should be fully supported in HS3. Blades plugin works fine but is difficult to work with.
            I agree with you, but it's my impression that they do all work in HS3. You just have to interact with them differently.

The reason for my emphasis on X10 PLC is that some aspects - such as Preset Dim - do not work at all in HS3. There is no method, even one that is difficult to work with.

Have you found that some capabilities of X10 wireless don't work either?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Have you found that some capabilities of X10 wireless don't work either?

Mike

I have not done enough on HS3 to know yet. I have set up a few events triggered by x10 motion sensors. They are not working reliably. I have not yet determined why. Since I have both HS2 and HS3 running I'm pretty sure I have some x10 signal collisions going on.

I'll post after I turn off HS2.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I would be 100% in favor of that. Of course, someone would actually need to step forward to do this. Any takers?
                I updated and supported the HS2 Ti103 plugin for several years prior to the release of HS3. I've been reluctant to dig into the HS3 X10 plugin issues because 1) I thought someone else was actively supporting it, 2) I've not yet moved to HS3 (these plugin issues being a part of that) and 3) because my business keeps me so busy and leaves very little time for the fun stuff.

That said, I would be willing to have a look at the HS3 X10 plugin, but please know that I can make no promises anything will happen quickly.
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                  I would be willing to have a look at the HS3 X10 plugin, but please know that I can make no promises anything will happen quickly.
                  Mark,
                  That would be terrific.

I think I have an interim work around for my situation, but it would make little sense for the long term. Knowing that there was a chance for a solution in HS3 would help make it much easier for me to move forward.

Comment

Mark, I would be glad to do some testing for you.

Steve Q

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                      I updated and supported the HS2 Ti103 plugin for several years prior to the release of HS3. I've been reluctant to dig into the HS3 X10 plugin issues because 1) I thought someone else was actively supporting it, 2) I've not yet moved to HS3 (these plugin issues being a part of that) and 3) because my business keeps me so busy and leaves very little time for the fun stuff.

That said, I would be willing to have a look at the HS3 X10 plugin, but please know that I can make no promises anything will happen quickly.
                      There are things that need to be done...

example... if you click virtual on the main tab you toast the device. I did that for motions after adding them as I didnt want the on and off buttons but noticed I lost them communicating anymore...
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

X10 poll - Stay HS2 or go to HS3???

I see the same thing when I change the x10 device status graphics setup from control to status only. I don't think the TI103 plugin is properly handling an x10 motion sensor.

Steve Q

Comment

Mark, I would be glad to do some testing for you.
                          +1
                          In fact, I am "chomping at the bit" (byte?) to help in any way I can.

Comment

X10 poll - Stay HS2 or go to HS3???

If the fix for the TI103 plugin is not feasible, ("too big of byte"), I would also be interested in being able to have a scripting solution. I would happily accept an hs.sendX10("on","C5") or hs.sendx10 ("dim50", "C5") solution.

Steve Q

Comment

If the fix for the TI103 plugin is not feasible, ("too big of byte"), I would also be interested in being able to have a scripting solution. I would happily accept an hs.sendX10("on","C5") or hs.sendx10 ("dim50", "C5") solution.
                              I as well - as long as Preset Dim is included.

Comment

Michael, I never used x10 preset dim in HS2 and I don't know that much about it. Are you able to dim X10 with HS3 using the absolute dim or relative dim?

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                                X