Events not loading and an error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events not loading and an error

For some time now when I restart HS3 my events don't load. I can see all my devices but none of my events(and yes I do click show all) and can't trigger any events. When it first started all I had to do is restart it again and they would load. Sunday night I had to restart it like 10 times before they loaded. I was on an old version of HS3. I update to latest version yesterday and couldn't get the events to load. After 45 minutes I gave up. Tried a restart again this morning and they loaded. One thing I noticed is every time the events do load I get an error in the start up log. If i don't see the error when it's starting I know the events won't be there. I didn't document the error each time so not sure if they were the exact same every time but this is the error I got this morning when it successfully loaded the events. Not sure if it's related but if not it's quite a coincidence.

17/11/2015 8:30:12 AM ~!~Error~!~DeSerializing object (byte): Binary stream '105' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization. Source=mscorlib

Your config database is corrupted. Try loading a recent backup from a time before this error started. HomeSeer maintains a set of backups in the HomeSeer HS3\Data\Backup directory.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The first time this ever happened that I couldn't see my events someone suggested the same thing. I did find one of those backups that successfully loaded the events. At that time I made a copy of that back up file. Whit that back up file from almost a year ago I get the same result. If I get the error the events will load and and if I don't get the error the events won't load. Is there anyway to fix the database? Anyway to save my events somewhere and do fresh install and import them back or is that the data that would be corrupted anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X